Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto" >

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Old 08-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

imjonah-Weight is a lot of a cars handling capability. Lately at Socal I have been racing a car that is atleast 2 oz. under weight and this has been the most competitive I have been there. When a car has more weight that means your car has to accellerate and decellerate that weight which means more energy needs to be used. Also in corner, if your car weighs more that means the car has to roll that much more.

SAY...TODD!? I know since you guys are NOT working on a NEW car that this underweight car must have some cool milling on the chassis. Could you show us some pics? LOL

I just have to push ya know.

Brant
Old 08-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by mwcet8k
Hey Todd, can you give us any hints about the new Trinity product that's being released on October 1st?? Those full page magazine ads with the big spider have got me very curious!
I was going to ask the same thing! My money's on some kind of a new motor.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:43 PM
TLRacing

mwcet-They will not even tell me about it.....hurting!!!

jim-Try leaning in your front shocks. Or try a spool with some Trinity outdrive savers. The spool will take away alot of that responsiveness.
Attached Thumbnails Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"-dscn1300.jpg  
Old 08-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the picture Todd.

Brant
Old 08-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by T. Hodge
mwcet-They will not even tell me about it.....hurting!!!
No problem. I wonder who's testing it (whatever it is) if the team drivers don't even have access to it??

Jon, I'm with you. I'm betting that it's an answer to the Orion V2.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Todd, How much extra flex are you getting with that chassis @ SoCal? I've seen BK run a mill job like that and it looked like he could just twist that thing. Do you think the flex helps there?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Todd, How much extra flex are you getting with that chassis @ SoCal? I've seen BK run a mill job like that and it looked like he could just twist that thing. Do you think the flex helps there?
DITTO???????

Brant
Old 08-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Todd: One more thought on the new car that is not coming yet:

Can you guys move the pully system so that you can take out diff's without pulling the pully system out as well. I found that with the black belt system, you have to take out the spur in order to get out the diff's, which is kind of irritating when your in a hurry to change something out.

Just a thought (I know... too many thoughts)

I am going to send the setup I used at Fernando's (NORRCA Nats) this past weekend to you to try out. Its a non-underdrive spool setup with steering.

JKerr: I will mail it to you also...

-Rich
Old 08-19-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Send it. I'm always willing to try something.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've never had that problem. I just undo the pully arm, push it all the way down and the belt is loose enough to pop the diff out.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

When are the worlds going to be held? in augest or october and what day? even though the hurricane came through FL.
thx
Old 08-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Todd,

Thanks for the camber link reply. Now for a much less technical question.

After speaking with some other Losi driving Tamiya users (who drive a LOT better than I), I've confirmed that they are having the same problem with the rod guides deforming fairly quickly. I've tried to remedy this problem by going away from the teflon guides in the front and replacing them with the black, hard plastic guides, and that has helped a bit.

However, after looking at the design of the shock, it's obvious that it needs a little 'beefing' to combat the problem which brings me to my question.

Have you ever tried the Yokomo secondary rod guides (YS-7-1)that sit in the shock body on the Tamiya shocks? After looking at Yokomo's assembly diagram, it seems to me as if these are what stop Yok rods from deflecting as much during impact thereby reducing stress on the primary rod guide and piston (especially if you drill them out to #56 which leaves very little material).

Anyway, I'm planning on giving it a shot. My only real concern is that they are too thick and will not allow for proper droop. Either way, it might be somthing to look into for any company considering making some design changes to their current shocks.

-G
Old 08-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
When are the worlds going to be held? in augest or october and what day? even though the hurricane came through FL.
thx

TL_XXX-S_racer: Here is the info.....Oct 24-30 IFMAR Electric 1/10 Sedan Championships Hosted by Full Throttle Speedway in Kissimmee FL.
For more info visit them at www.fullthrottlespeedway.com

RichO-Could you email me that set up as well? I race at So Cal (and I have also run at TFB several times). Thanks.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:20 AM
TLRacing

jkerr-I think the weight helps more than anything. It does flex a little more however it is really stiff with the design of the cut out.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default what up

Todd what up big Rob here just too say hello you know who its dave's bro anyway that is what matt calls me I wish you guys were comming this weekend but I will see you at the worlds

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.