Old 06-11-2004, 10:18 AM   #721
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Yea.. whys it gotta be like that?
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:02 AM   #722
Tech Initiate
Send a message via AIM to INVIZAGOD

hi Todd by any chance do you know the release date for the Losi LST?
INVIZAGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:11 PM   #723
Tech Initiate
Default brushless -asphalt

Sorry, if this is posted somewhere, but can you suggest gearing for xxx-s, brushless, asphalt on bumpy track, foam tires?
sundog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 04:35 PM   #724
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Todd is my most favoritest babysitter ever!
Steve Weiss
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:22 PM   #725
Tech Adept
Default Can you tweak a molded chassis?

Todd this sound really improbable to me but i just recently bought a replacement chassis (graphite for a G+) and i think it came tweaked from the factory! I built the car and noticed that I had to almost completely unscrew the shock shaft to set the droop where I wanted it but only on the right side and left was almost completely bottomed out. I put everything back on the old chassis and everything was totally symetrical including shock length. I didn't really need the new chassis all that was wrong with the old one was a few stripped holes in the gear and tunnel covers and where the front diff cover screws to the chassis. Is it possible to get a molded chassis tweaked from the factory? Also i noticed that it appeared to have been sanded on the bottom.
Poppa Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:54 PM   #726
Tech Regular

Todd, have you tried the losi lexus is300 body?? If so, what did you think of it, i might get one. It looks sweet too
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #727
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried the Losi Skoda body shell and how does it compare to Losi alfa??
Bryan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:05 PM   #728
Tech Regular

Well I put the car in to the rock bed while running it today and loosened my belt tensioner up. Luckily easy fix. Has anyone had problems with keeping the setscews tight on the pins? I just noticed my left front near the wheel was almost out on one side. I know I could flat spot the pins to help but I hate to mess with something that might make the pins weaker.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:10 PM   #729
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Todd, I'm going to head up to Titus for the first time this Saturday for racing. You think the worlds setups work well there for BK2 and a XXX4? When do most of the Losi guys race there?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:26 PM   #730
Tech Regular

I have heard of Team Losi guys running stock TC3 rear hubs on their XXX-S GP's. If so, what is the purpose of this and is it done without any modifications. Thanks. Ron
AZDemille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #731
Tech Regular

Originally posted by T. Hodge
mwcetk8-Send it back to my attention.

Team Losi
4710 E. Guasti Rd.
Ontario, CA 91761

Attn: Todd Hodge
Just put the chassis in the mail today Todd. Hopefully it will reach you by the end of the week, if not early next week. Thanks.
mwcet8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:43 PM   #732
Tech Regular

You ever get that TC wheelie setup figured out yet? Looks like someone else has, got it from Novak Tray thread. White car in last frame.

SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:06 PM   #733

INVIZAGOD-I am not sure...I will check at work tomorrow and get back to you.

sundog1-Email Steve at Novak. He has a lot of experience with the Novak Brushless system. His email is steve@teamnovak.com.

PoppaRay-That is very unlikely that can happen. However if you want to send it back to me...I will gladly replace it for you. The sanding is done after they machine the cut outs on the bottom of the chassis to smooth any burrs off.

bballer-It has a good amount of offpower steering.

Bryan-The Skoda is very stable and much easier to drive than the Alfa.

wcoyote- I always run the 3/32" e-clips to avoid that happening. It is a good idea to flat spot your hinge pins since it will avoid gauling your hinge pin.

jkerr-Yes that setup will work fine....thats what most of us run there. Most of the guys run there on Wednesday night.

AZ-Yes some guys are the reedy race were doing this to get a shorter link to make the car turn more.

SLOBBATECH-Hey Man....GREAT JOB ON WINNING THE NATS. It could'nt of happened to a better person. Keep up the great work.Oh yea....that wheelie....hmm....need to find that setup.
Todd Hodge
Category Development Manager for Losi and Team Losi Racing
Losi and Team Losi Racing, brands of Horizon Hobby
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:07 PM   #734
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Regarding the captured hinge pins on the Losi hubs and carriers: I haven't used the e-clips in a long time and have had no problems with them backing out. It's all about how you first thread the plastic/graphite in the hub so you don't strip the hole.

Before you put the hub on the car, and with no hinge pin in the whole, take a set screw and thread it into the hole until about 25% of the screw extends into the hinge pin hole. A bunch of plastic flashing will be in the hole as well. Back the set screw all the way back out, then insert the hinge pin to push the flashing out. Take the pin back out and re-assemble the hub onto the car. Now, screw the set screw back in, and as soon as you feel resistance, stop turning -- no need to apply extra pressure!

That should hold your pins in place just fine. Been running multiple Losi cars on and off for 3 years now with no problems.
Visit my store: www.ampdraw.com
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 04:45 AM   #735
Tech Adept

Todd, I used to use the droop screws but they are not up to much on my g+, can you suggest what shock length to run and inside and outside limiters to set the droop that way for 3mm front and 5mm rear.

Bryan D is offline   Reply With Quote