Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you can't find your droop screws,go to your local locksmith,they got all kinds of cool hardware.(I'm gonna get chrome ones!)

Rico,I'm going to do my droop this way.
Probably going to the gate every Sunday before the Nats with RayRay.
Your tires are with Sam.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:14 PM
TLRacing

webspinner-Thats cool you posted those pics on here. Thanks!

proracer-i would definitely tape the are out before threaded the set screw in. By taping it, this will create less stress on the part.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Todd,

Call me re: next weekend.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by webspinner
Not really jkerr, if the screw was not in there then yes it would be weak but with the screw in there it is as strong as it was without the droop screw.
Actually the hole does reduce the minimum area of the part, the set screw will help in a compression failure but it won't help at all in tension. Plus the treads will cause a possible location for a fatigue failure.

Why not put the set screw in the chassis right under where you have the screws in the arms. I did that in the rear but I still use the bumper loacation in the front.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

Ted, If you go under the chassis onto the arm won't the droop screw hit the track when the suspension compresses? That's not good for carpet and it you run on asphalt well it might grind off head of the screw unabling you to use a hex driver not to mention changing the way the car handles when it bottoms out on them in the turns.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by webspinner
Ted, If you go under the chassis onto the arm won't the droop screw hit the track when the suspension compresses? That's not good for carpet and it you run on asphalt well it might grind off head of the screw unabling you to use a hex driver not to mention changing the way the car handles when it bottoms out on them in the turns.
What I did was use a set screw that threads into the chassis and does not stick out at all. The length has to be just right to hit the arm and provide enought travel and not stick out. As you say, you can't have anything sticking out of the bottom of the chassis. I have the screw hitting the front of the arm instead of the rear like the bumper did.

I don't have the car in front of me, I don't know if there is enough room in front, the rear works for sure though.

Ted
Old 02-29-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Todd, need help... Or any one help...

Son's car JR radio FM channel 87, and Z590 servo with a
IntellSpeed 8T Pro racing forward ESC. The servo always seems to glitch a little like it wants to turn almost like a short but when driving it doesn't seem to be a problem...

This is a Tamiya F201 car....

Thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 09:18 AM
TLRacing

MDawwson-Will do.

TedFlack-Is Bobby racing the Nats....his name is not on the signup list on the website???

NovaRacer-Does that ESC require a power capacitor? I know whenever my Novak stuff does that it is because I do not have a power cap hooked up.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Todd- When running the xxx on carpet would you say it is neccesary to run the .90 limiter/spacers on the shock shaft. I was wondering if the car setup being soft causes this.
Rafael
Old 02-29-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Todd: Yes he is. Wouldn't miss a chance to race with you guys!!!!

EDIT: just checked, we are listed now.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Todd .... are you and or any of the Team Losi guys making it up to the ROAR Clifornia State Champs week after next, in Stockton? Sure would be nice to see some of the big dogs and get some practice time before the nationals.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:49 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
Todd, need help... Or any one help...

Son's car JR radio FM channel 87, and Z590 servo with a
IntellSpeed 8T Pro racing forward ESC. The servo always seems to glitch a little like it wants to turn almost like a short but when driving it doesn't seem to be a problem...

This is a Tamiya F201 car....

Thanks
odd but that speed control does not require a power capacitor, have you tried trouble shooting it by useing another servo or speed control to see if it reacts the same way?
Old 03-01-2004, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by TCR
odd but that speed control does not require a power capacitor, have you tried trouble shooting it by useing another servo or speed control to see if it reacts the same way?
Haven'e tried that yet but it seems to be having trouble getting back to the center position. Is there a way to reset the servo so it can find the center position?

Thanks again for the info....
Old 03-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

todd

any chance to get ray d's set ups from the birds and trackside???

thanks
matt
Old 03-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Batt chart is in your email.

Let me know what you think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.