Search

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool Odd

Rob -
Odd.. I found the same thing to a point.

the manual says that if you move rear shocks in on the tower it will increase rear rotation. I have found that when I move the rear shocks in, it increases rear bite, which would decreas rear rotation, since the car is not breaking loose.

Moving the tops of the rear shocks in slows the suspension down. I have found that this increases side bite and decreases forward traction. Which would in effect decrease rotation.

However,
one more, it says that if you increase caster on rubbers, it increses turn in, and if you increase caster with foams, it increase mid to exit steering. I have always found the latter to be true no matter what tires I was running.

Increasing caster decreases turn in and increases mid to exit turning. You lay them back they don't bite as hard initially no matter what the tire. They respond less twitchy for small adjustments. You also get smoother tansition of the car in rounder corner types. The way this car reacts between 4 degree and 6 degree is amazing.

There were a few things in there that were a little touchy. I have well over 20 years of racing behind me giving me the same thoughts.
TEX
Old 09-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah I've been doing this for a while myself. First car was a Tamiya Fox, just to give you a clue.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Nice guys work for Losi

Hey Todd; Cory from Edmonton here.

I sent Trujillo an e-mail about your kind gesture at the Canadian Asphalt Invitational, and I just wanted to share it with rest of the racers who frequent this thread.

Todd donated one of his cars to be raffled off at the race. If I'm not mistaken, he autographed it as well (can't remember; it's been a long month LOL). A youngster won it, and I swear the kid was ready to give Todd a big hug! That was one of the nicest things I've EVER seen a pro driver do. Kudos Todd. As I said to Mr. Trujillo, I think you made a Losi fan for life with your gesture.

Best of luck to you, and way to school that Baker guy and his Thunder Kitten.

http://www.tracksiderc.com/images/20...20Mod%2001.JPG

Later,
Old 09-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey...That's Todd in the middle of the stand. Good show Todd.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Todd, YGPM
Old 09-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Todd-

Hey was wondering if the 6 deg castor blocks and steering knuckle kit will be available at the IIC hobby shop? Right now I have to buy 4 deg JRX-S to get the steering knuckle and 6 deg xxx-s caster blocks to just get the caster block. So spending 24.00 to get one set that I need which should only be 12.00 bucks normally. Which is a waste of money to have to parts I won't use. The local hobby shop said mid Nov. Was wondering if Team Losi can make a kit available for Vegas. I beleive the part number is LOSA9758.

Any update on the 126 spur.

Thanks in advance.

Mike T.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:51 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s
Todd-

Hey was wondering if the 6 deg castor blocks and steering knuckle kit will be available at the IIC hobby shop? Right now I have to buy 4 deg JRX-S to get the steering knuckle and 6 deg xxx-s caster blocks to just get the caster block. So spending 24.00 to get one set that I need which should only be 12.00 bucks normally. Which is a waste of money to have to parts I won't use. The local hobby shop said mid Nov. Was wondering if Team Losi can make a kit available for Vegas. I beleive the part number is LOSA9758.

Any update on the 126 spur.

Thanks in advance.

Mike T.

If you can not get what you need at the race come look me up in Vegas!
Old 09-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

From da OH10? And you call me a neck?

Endurance race is coming up my co-champ, ruuuuut!
Old 09-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
If you can not get what you need at the race come look me up in Vegas!
what made u give up trinity todd just like to know hve the whole team went with orion
Old 09-11-2005, 10:51 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
what made u give up trinity todd just like to know hve the whole team went with orion
Just time for a change to some new and exciting. I have raced for Trinity for 5 years and was ready for a change and so was Trinity. We just came to an agreement for both of us to move on.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:52 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
From da OH10? And you call me a neck?

Endurance race is coming up my co-champ, ruuuuut!
I am down for the endurance race....let me know when! As long as Drake builds us the dialed trucks again:-)
Old 09-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just time for a change to some new and exciting. I have raced for Trinity for 5 years and was ready for a change and so was Trinity. We just came to an agreement for both of us to move on.
thxs for the input cya at the nats/ clevland
Old 09-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We all missed seeing ya at the Gate today Todd. You missed some mad mod TC action. The prototype cars that Paul and Ray ran looked sweet. When are you sending the parts to me to convert mine?
Old 09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
We all missed seeing ya at the Gate today Todd. You missed some mad mod TC action. The prototype cars that Paul and Ray ran looked sweet. When are you sending the parts to me to convert mine?

Sorry I did not make it. Some last minute family function came up. Glad to hear the car is running well. Sounds like everyone thinks the new weight platform helps with corner speed and traction.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sorry I did not make it. Some last minute family function came up. Glad to hear the car is running well. Sounds like everyone thinks the new weight platform helps with corner speed and traction.
When do the pics get released????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.