Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Huh....I dont know then b/c all the 28mm tires that guys had before the birds were on black rims....but them might have gotten them from Cleveland. When I asked Chad from Trinity at snowbirds he said that they will only offer black rims....so whats that tell you. And he was also dumbfounded when we asked him abut marble tires....so that should have said something right there.....
Old 02-12-2004, 12:40 PM
TLRacing

Rich-I run it looser than you would think. I just make sure it does not skip under accelleration.

futureal-Thanks...cool pic. Can you email that to [email protected]?

EddieO-Those were actual black wheels we were running. It is something TRC had made for Cleveland. The material was suppose to be stiffer but it was the same. Also all 28mm wheels from TRC now have a different offset. Now you can run the TL hex and be wide enough. This is on the black and yellow wheel. On the 26mm and 30mm TRC yellow wheel there was less offset so you would run the AE hex to get your car to max width and also to help from not rubbing the shock ends.

Jared-As of right now it will just come with the standard width belt. We are hoping to have a running change of the narrower green belt in the near future....I am not sure on a date for that change.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:41 PM
TLRacing

As for the marble tires it is something we are still testing and I am not sure TRC is planning on coming out with them.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Todd,

Thank you for helping me out with the missing parts. I received them that same week and was able to race the car that weekend!

Question:
Which Reflex 12 setup did all the drivers end up using at the Birds? Did Smyka have a different setup for stock or did everyone have the same setup.. once again, thank you for the help!!

Ortiz
Old 02-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

What up big T

McMahon
Old 02-12-2004, 09:44 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Off topic but....

i'm an original off-road Driver, who done some on-road of late.

I have always had the most fun racing truck for some reason, Since the BK2 has been out for awhile, any word on when I'll be able to buy the new losi truck ala MF2. Tax refund burning a hole in my pocket and I'm not interested in any other truck =)

If this is all some wierd top secret thing I understand, you've done a great job replying to people's posts.

Losi products are the best, keep up the great R & D, and excellence in the products you put out.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

What up T, can you explain why I get nightmares about getting sideways in the back of mini vans?

Mike M, I emailed you at your hotmail account.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:45 AM
TLRacing

Ortiz-I am not sure where everyone ended up. It kind of seemed like every one was spread out on setups. I am not sure where Smyka ended up..sorry.

mcmoney-Sup.

TCR-I do not know what you are talking about

EJ-Yea she had a little push in her and some diffing problems on corner exit....next time we are going with the Astro Van to further our testing.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Todd-

Can you post your Snowbirds Setup that you ran this year?

Thanks

Mike Webb
Old 02-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Todd: I will continue to loosen the black belt it and see what happens.

Are you guys planning to come out with a graphite front shock tower that has the optional holes in it anytime soon?

For those of us without steady hands and drill presses, you end up with a less than "exact" hole on both sides.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Todd:

If you don't flip the bellcranks when moving them forward on the chassis, do you have to do anything with the steering ball to move it back more in line with the servo? Would it make any sense to flip the "L" peice to move it more in alignment with the servo?

Perhaps I have just mis-read something.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:19 PM
TLRacing

Mike Webb-
Front Suspension-Front toe out-2, Front camber -1.25, Front Ride Height-5mm, Kickup -2, Caster 6, Bar .070, Droop -0, Pivot 0F, Arm spacing full forward plus .060" more, 41F/42R Pulley, Front diff tighter than rear,Chrome Ball stud for camber with .020 washer under it, Shock position-#2 on tower, Camber Position-Hole drilled you and between #2 and #3, Oil 40, Piston #57, Spring Trinity Purple, .o60 limiter on inside and .200 on outside, Team Losi low roll center.

Rear Suspension-Toe in 1.5, Ride Height 5.5mm, Camber -1, Sway bar .050, Droop 3mm, Pivot OR, Arm Spacing Back, Camber link 1/A using Ti ball stud on rear hub with a .020 washer, offset rear end, shock position #3/outside on arm, Oil 60wt, Piston #54, Inside limiter .060, Outside limiter .100, Trinity Blue Congo Spring, Team Losi standard low roll center. Battery forward, Paragon for tire additive, Car weight 51.0 with personal transponder.

Front tires-TRC Cyan 57.6mm(glued outer sidewall)
Rear tires-TRC Magenta 57.8mm

Motor-Trinity D5 9x2 on D1 blank geared 128/27
19T geared 128/36

Body-TL Skoda with Type A wing.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:22 PM
TLRacing

RichO-I don't think we will be coming out with that tower. As for the draglink ballstud position...you can just move you servo forward. I have my servo moved about .120" further forward in my car.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Todd: What method do you use for measuring droop when your using your shocks to set it? Do you use a ride height guage or some other technique?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Todd you have a PM.

Later EddieO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.