Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tekin rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tekin rotors

Not sure if this is the place to ask but ,I was just wonder if anyone knows if a tekin redline rotor will fit in a mamba max can.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

I think that you can better buy a Tekin motor.
I don't think it will fit.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

I pretty sure im going to buy a tekin, but I have two mambas here with broken shafts and was just wondering.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WOLFMAN210
I pretty sure im going to buy a tekin, but I have two mambas here with broken shafts and was just wondering.
Send the motors into Castle and I'm pretty sure it will done under warranty with little to no charge to do so.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

LOL I had to fight with them today to try to get them to warranty the one I have there now. They pretty much told me that I dont know what i am doing even though i have been doing this for a little over 10 years, and that everybody that races at the track that I race at that has broken one doesnt know what there doing either.we had 4 or 5 break about 3 weeks ago and 2 were mine.Hell we had the world finals here last year and guys were breaking them but I guess they didnt know what they were doing either.That pretty much made up my mind that i will repair the ones I have left, sell them and go tekin from here on out.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I feel your frustration Wolfman. On the older MM motors, the rotor would bend but never snapped like the new motors. LRP stock motors same thing. The black rotor snapped in no time. But I stuck in the old 14mm version rotor in there and still runs. The so called hardend rotor shaft just don't cut it. Non of my hacker and lehner motors ever snapped under the same circumstances.

Castle please go back to the original rotors.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I also had the same experience as Wolfman regarding getting replacements for broken motor shafts. I think I broke four or five in the span of two races, and I was told by the Castle CSR that my set up was faulty. I doubt that, since my car ran fine before that for a long time. Anyway, after I raised hell, he reluctantly agreed to replace the motors. I sold all but two of them (keeping them as back ups) and have gone to another brand and have had no issues since. Coincidence? I think NOT.

It is of note that I upgraded all my motors to the "new" design to take advantage of the better bearings that they supposedly have. Instead, I was plagued with a whole slew of motor shafts breaking. If only they offered us an option of getting a 5mm shaft from the factory, I would still be using the Castle motors. This option was also discussed with the Castle CSR's on numerous occasions and I was told that this was not possible. Oh well.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:38 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I know are hobby shop had a guy who broke 4 or 5 shafts in a weeks span. Castle did replace them no problems. I did come to find out the guy was jumping huge huge ramps and tumbling numerous times. He hit a ramp with his Rustler at full tilt (approx 45 to 50mph) and then wondered why they broke. The problem with the shafts breaking at the shop was almost a year ago. We haven't had any since that one guy. It was the same guy every time.

Just curious what type of racing are eac of you guys doing or what type of running are you doing when the shafts break? I would think sometype of offroad where your catching some sort of air.

I know Castle did change to some newer style shafts that where a little thicker coming out of the motor.

The newr style sensorless motors from Castle will be ROAR approved and will be able to take them apart. Not sure exactly when this is taking place of if it is a running change but after the owner at Castle met with ROAR that is two of the things ROAR wanted from the Castle motors to be legal for mod racing.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

LOL I had to fight with them today to try to get them to warranty the one I have there now. They pretty much told me that I dont know what i am doing even though i have been doing this for a little over 10 years, and that everybody that races at the track that I race at that has broken one doesnt know what there doing either.we had 4 or 5 break about 3 weeks ago and 2 were mine.Hell we had the world finals here last year and guys were breaking them but I guess they didnt know what they were doing either.That pretty much made up my mind that i will repair the ones I have left, sell them and go tekin from here on out.
you will love the Tekin motor. I have one and it's my best motor.
strong reliable and fast, very vast!!
And there service is great.

I believe that Castle creations has also a good service.
Heard only good things about it out here.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I drag race so not getting any air. They have broken of the start, in the middle of a run, and under breaking.So they are not breaking the same way every time.The thing that also make me mad is that I run in the IMDRA series and they are a sponsor (and I thank them for that) so I support them by running there product , but when they don't want to back up there warranty that's not cool, and then tell me that I don't know what i am doing. I not the only that has had trouble getting warranty either most of the other guys had to fight them to.So anyway I have seen what the tekins can do and there rotors are replaceable so I am sold, but I will still use the mamba esc.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I drag race so not getting any air. They have broken of the start, in the middle of a run, and under breaking.So they are not breaking the same way every time.The thing that also make me mad is that I run in the IMDRA series and they are a sponsor (and I thank them for that) so I support them by running there product , but when they don't want to back up there warranty that's not cool, and then tell me that I don't know what i am doing. I not the only that has had trouble getting warranty either most of the other guys had to fight them to.So anyway I have seen what the tekins can do and there rotors are replaceable so I am sold, but I will still use the mamba esc.
I would suggest talking to Joe Ford. Not sure if that is who you talked to but I can't imagine he would tell you that. I would email him or try him on the phone but normally email is best. Give him a few days to get back because I know his work load is enough for 3 or 4 people.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok, Well maybe ill try that ,I cant remember the guys name he was in tech support I think his name was Thomas, and if I also remember correctly he has given the other guys a really hard time to from what I have heard.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Our rotors will not fit any other motor, Tekin's only.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for answer my question .