Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
"Carpet Racers:  A Documentary" is needin' some Xtra press... >

"Carpet Racers: A Documentary" is needin' some Xtra press...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Carpet Racers: A Documentary" is needin' some Xtra press...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCTVLIVE
They started filming in 2005. We absolutely loved the film and think it will be a hit. We were given permission to show some of it on www.rctvlive.com and will have information where you can purchased the DVD. Jeff
A direct link to the part that you refered to would be nice.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
A direct link to the part that you refered to would be nice.
I will certainly do that as soon as it airs on the USTV network we can post it online. Sorry part of our contract. I guess Jeff forgot to mention that. It is even going to be worse when when we start airing on Spike TV. Anyway, it will be episode #906 and I will let you know when it airs. It will be worth the wait, the film is very good. Linda
Old 08-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Awesome. I think this documentary is like a dream come true and you have chosen to focus on something that matters. I think it was a good idea by the film producers to 'focus' on carpet racing and not to get too broad into the whole world of rc. WHen this was filmed, carpet racing was certainly the most interesting area of r/c.

I am excited to see this be released.

K
Old 08-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Carpet Racers - Life in the Small Lane

Good news... our website is up!

www.carpetracers.com

Even though it is a work in progress this week, you can still see the trailer, pictures and some clips from the movie, and some clips that did not make the film.

This is a film, not a "video" - just to let you guys know. It is a film that is now playing in the film festival circuit around the world. I will provide a list of film festivals as we are accepted - one may be in a town near you! If so, you can view this on the big screen which is awesome.

Some ask about the years the footage was shot... we started in 2005 for Snowbirds footage and local shops only, but for Carpet Racers we started in 2007 with HD. We shot at the Snowbird Nationals in Orlando, IIC in Vegas, and all over the USA at local club tracks from NY, PA, TX to CA.

The DVD for the general public is in the works as well. We are shooting for the end of the year - but for now it is TBD. Keep posted to the website for updates. We will create a sign-up pre-order list as well.

Mike

Last edited by Mike@StlCity; 08-16-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike@StlCity

www.carpetracers.com

It is a film that is now playing in the film festival circuit around the world. I will provide a list of film festivals as we are accepted - one may be in a town near you! If so, you can view this on the big screen which is awesome.

Mike
I hope that it comes to Central Florida's film festival in Ocoee in September. I would make the trip to see it.

Thank you for the update.
james burrows

Last edited by rcfoolz; 08-16-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike@StlCity

www.carpetracers.com

Even though it is a work in progress this week, you can still see the trailer, pictures and some clips from the movie, and some clips that did not make the film.

This is a film, not a "video" - just to let you guys know. It is a film that is now playing in the film festival circuit around the world. I will provide a list of film festivals as we are accepted - one may be in a town near you! If so, you can view this on the big screen which is awesome.

Some ask about the years the footage was shot... we started in 2005 for Snowbirds footage and local shops only, but for Carpet Racers we started in 2007 with HD. We shot at the Snowbird Nationals in Orlando, IIC in Vegas, and all over the USA at local club tracks from NY, PA, TX to CA.

The DVD for the general public is in the works as well. We are shooting for the end of the year - but for now it is TBD. Keep posted to the website for updates. We will create a sign-up pre-order list as well.

Mike
This is awesome.

Don't let the naysayers and critics here distract you. I was a film student too and worked in film production. I know how hard it is to get a documentary like this shot on a tight budget.

For you naysayers picking at the who or when and all that little stuff, it doesn't matter. The viewers on the film festival circuit don't care.

Decades after they were released people are still watching Penelope Spheeris' Decline of the Western Civilization documentaries on the film circuit. Does anybody care that most of the bands featured in the films are now defunct? No. It captured the vibe at that time and put it in a time capsule. And that's what mattered.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Had a look at the preview and it looks interesting. Would be nice to see one about on-road asphalt, perhaps documenting a driver from a club level all the way to the worlds. Either way good luck!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dinorider
Don't let the naysayers and critics here distract you.
Um, what naysayers and critics? Everyone seems pretty positive about it to me.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Naysayers? This one.

Originally Posted by yokemad
which year is that footage from,looks quite old to me
Old 08-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

"This is a film, not a "video" - just to let you guys know. It is a film that is now playing in the film festival circuit around the world. I will provide a list of film festivals as we are accepted - one may be in a town near you! If so, you can view this on the big screen which is awesome."

I found out a few weeks ago you guys were at the Ventura Film Festival in June I guess you guys are unaware that there is an R/C track and club with about 120 members based just 15 min away in Camarillo and another track in Santa Barbara 30 min north of Ventura. We would have filled out the theatre for you. For Christ sake you showed the film in SOCAL the mecca of R/C and olny a select few knew about it.

With that being said I'm very happy you guys made this film I have watched the trailer a dozen times in the past 48hrs, it looks like you have managed to catch the passion of the racers without making us look like losers....(Pro Bowlers have the same issues) I'm just dissappointed by the lack of promotion. I've been telling everyone I know that races rc to check out your web site and to become a fan on facebook. I'm looking forward to a limited release of this film or even better a wide release.

Josh Barry
Old 08-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Rookie

available in Blu-Ray?
Old 08-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Any chance for a world wide release?
Would love to see this movie. I guess there will be differences compared to how we do things in Europe, but still great idea and concept!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

According to RCTech's stringent policies, isn't this thread considered advertising? Therefore, shouldn't it be moved?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
According to RCTech's stringent policies, isn't this thread considered advertising? Therefore, shouldn't it be moved?
Were you not suspended by a former moderator and you came back with a different Identity..... McSmooth without those little squiggly lines, wasn't it?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Were you not suspended by a former moderator and you came back with a different Identity..... McSmooth without those little squiggly lines, wasn't it? If you just want to stir up crap, go to the city sewer plant!
The only "crap" I stir up are the inconsistencies with the current moderating regime.

Good to see your expert CSI skills are serving you well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.