2010 Snowbird Nationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Champion

And any balls purchased prior to the event will have to be carefully scrutineered before use for authenticity... lol
Old 12-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Looks like we are going to have a 'ball' this year!

We are working on the racer list for the site. Right now we have 16 International drivers already paid and registered. That is awesome!

www.snowbirdnationals.com

The 16th annual Snowbirds taking place January 26th-31st, 2010 in Orlando, Florida at the Radisson Resort.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Entries are coming in from around the world and looking great... Just got in Naoki from Japan!!! We are so excited as the 2010 Snowbirds looks to be one of the best ones yet. Just got an email from 'Foxdaddy' Dave Fox as he has his plane ticket home from China in his hand, so he can announce road once again (he had to miss las year). Make sure to tune into the Snowbird site and check our Facebook fan box as I post something new and exciting for the event every day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl6l8Jw6tWk
Old 12-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and ready for the New Year! The Snowbirds is a month away CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! Entries are rolling in good now and will be with the holidays ending. Many 1st timers this year... and already 25+ from outside the USA entered. Lots of great racing and good times for the 16th annual 'birds!

Mike
Old 12-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mike, I was just thinking of an "special" event for the Birds to have and here it is. Have a build/race type event and then auction off the kits for charity. Get 10-15-20 car kits from a sponsor , all kits will have the same battery, motor, gears, ESC, body, tires, radio/etc ) The "pro" racers all start at the same time and put them together in the ball room. Say 90 minutes, 25 minutes for testing and tuning, and then 2 qualifiers and the mains. Or something like that.

I think it would a kick to see these guys actually build, tune and race them....
Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

hotel booked, entry sent. excitement building.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Nova that is interesting... could be FUN for sure! Thanks Mario... excitement is spreading. Once we get through the holidays we are Snowbird bound!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Just a few weeks away! Hope everyone had a great holiday season... it's getting time to race!!! The Snowbird Nationals is shaping up to the best in years, with many great additions to the already exciting week of racing. I will try and post daily to keep up with the latest and greatest. Also check the race site daily for updates and entry updates!!!

Had a hotel meeting last week. We already met our requirement for rooms and looks like we are on pace to beat last year! That is a great sign and we have many many racers from around the globe coming for the racing action! You will be able to book for the 'birds for the next couple weeks no problem. Make those reservations it is filling fast (the Radisson is past 1/2 full with racers right now). Call 407-396-1400...

Today we ordered the brand new flooring and materials for the track. Expect another SUPER-SMOOTH surface to race on this year!

Mike
Old 01-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is the trackside pitting first come first serve?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys... record day for entries... everyone is getting Snowbird FEVER!

Jimbo - shoot me an email to [email protected]. The Florida Cracker Room is by reservations... we have a few spots open and we need more Florida guys it is full of out-of-towners haha!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default trackside pitting

Needs to be pre-booked and its your space for the whole event. Cost is $25 payable at booking in.
HTH
Old 01-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Hello racers! The hotel has received a lot of reservations since the New Year. Make those reservations. Right now racers have over half the hotel!!! Call 407-396-1400. Get out of the SNOW and let's go racing!!!

Mike
Old 01-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCThunder
Nova that is interesting... could be FUN for sure! Thanks Mario... excitement is spreading. Once we get through the holidays we are Snowbird bound!!!

That girl is busted
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello racers. GSHobby will be doing the hobby shop this year at the 'birds and we are excited to be helping out again. We did it way back in 2001 at the Ramada some may remember. I will posting the latest and greatest goodies we will have. Right now, on top of general RC stuff, we have the help of many great companies loading up the shop with their latest, greatest, hot stuff out right now, including (in no particular order):
- Trinity / EPIC
- Team Associated
- Novak
- Tekin
- Thunder Power
- Hyperdrive
- IRS
- PRS
- Parma/PSE
- Jaco
- SMC
- Windtunnel
- TM Tires
- RC4LESS
- BSR
- T2C
- Castle
- CRC
- MORE TO COME (working with about a dozen more right now)!
These are just companies so far sending stuff extra. I will be bringing MANY MANY more brands of items not on this list - like radios, chargers, parts, accessories, more more (so don't worry)!

We should be setup Sunday selling at the event. We will take credit cards and even Paypal. CYA there. If any companies would like to get in touch with me to carry their items please shoot me an email and I will go over it all with you: [email protected]
Old 01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default GSHOBBY

Will prices be keen, any specials ,discounts etc.In no particualr order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.