Quick question

Old 07-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Quick question

I'm running a TC4 in a VTA class and I'm having a problem with traction rolling. My last time at the track I noticed that my inside front tire lifts off the track mid turn all the way to completion of the turn. Even when I'm powering out of the turn it's lifted.

I know that I'm loosing speed due to the lifted tire spinning but could this cause the roll? I'm fairly certain that this would mean I'm getting too much weight transfer to the rear tires. Too correct this I'm planning on first running stiffer springs in the rear, then lessen my rear camber second if theres still a problem.

Does it sound like I'm on the right track?

Running a TC4 tub, 21.5 Novak, LRP SPX STK Spec on 7, VTA tires with full rear and inside 1/2 front covered w/ compound, currently blue springs all around, not certain of the oil wt in the shocks but they are smooth and don't bind or leak, ride height 5.5 mm, no sway bars, on high traction carpet ( the roll occurs in the sweeper after the straight).

I think that's all the info you will need. Let me know if you need more. Thank you for all your insight and suggestions.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

there is a section for VTA tuning were you can find more info there but it sounds like your rear springs are too soft. also what your droop set at?. Let your front end "travel" more that will lessen the weight transfer
Old 07-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Droop is at 7.5 all around. Making the A arms level.

Forgot to mention: the tires are glued on all tires. Found out this wasn't the case when I started to investigate the traction roll.

Last edited by Tiger72; 07-05-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Typo