Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help needed please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Help needed please...

Hi guys, I'm looking for a drive shaft car. But I cannot decide which model to buy. Can anyone suggest a good reliable model, race worthy and fully ball-raced right out of the box please? Thank you.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

I would say get whatever has the most part support in your area, that would probably be the TC3.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Yep, TC3.

It is well supported by just about every hobby shop and it is race proven. Get the Factory Team version and you are race ready. Only hop ups you will need are the RPM front bumper, BRP nerf bumpers.

There is also a modification to the chassis you can do to move the batteries closer to the center of the car. This will make it a little better balanced. There is a ton of information on this in the TC3 forum here.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

If you don't mind having to order parts though I would recomend the Mr-4TC SD.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Personally, they are all good cars. I would go with whichever your LHS has the best support for and whichever the drivers at your track are running. This way, you would have some help with set-ups and stuff.
I like the TC3 Factory Team. It's race worthy right out of the box. I would forget the RPM stuff...save your money for batteries and motors or other modifications that will actually help your car perform better as you become a better driver.
If you search this site, you will notice there are various modifications to the chassis that you can do to help the car perform even better. The car as it is from the box is as good as anything out there.
As you get better with the car and you want to become competitve all you really need for modifications are Acer Ceramic Bearings (although, the kit bearings are pretty damn good! Better than the bearings that come with any other kit...IMO) and the IRS Aluminum Input shafts for stock racing.
Hope this helps!
Old 01-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi guys, the TC3 is it the one from HPI?
I'm not sure if there many of them here in singapore. I was just looking at Tamiya's TB01. How is it compared to the TC3 and the Yokomo Mr-4tc?
Wats important for me is that it must be durable, not forgetting shaft driven, and loads of hop ups, and stuffs to make it go faster...
Old 01-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

The TC3 is by Associated, The RS4 is by Hpi. The tb01 is definatly durablr, but it is not very raceable, and it comes with bushings insted of bearings.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

ooppssss..my mistake. thanx for the clear-ups. i'll have to see if theres anyone selling the tc3 in singapore. so which is the best tamiya right now? the evo 3?
Old 01-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

i am so lost after my last electric car...the tamiya boomerang.....then i stopped for a couple of years and now i'm back....re-learning everything all over again. appreciate the help guys...hope to be able to buy a kit by the end of next week...
Old 01-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ares17
ooppssss..my mistake. thanx for the clear-ups. i'll have to see if theres anyone selling the tc3 in singapore. so which is the best tamiya right now? the evo 3?
yea i believe
Old 01-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default TRF415

Originally posted by Ares17
i am so lost after my last electric car...the tamiya boomerang.....then i stopped for a couple of years and now i'm back....re-learning everything all over again. appreciate the help guys...hope to be able to buy a kit by the end of next week...
TRF415 looks to be a good car if your looking for a tamiya and you can wait a few weeks... BUT it's a belt drive. evoIII surikarns are pretty scarce now.

otherwise your best bet is a car that has a good parts support from your local LHS.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Intermision
If you don't mind having to order parts though I would recomend the Mr-4TC SD.
GO FOR THE SD. Great car, many people have it, its top of the line. It just depends what your LHS has.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Barracuda R2 or R3... wont break parts left and right like those other kits mentioned.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Its been a lot of headache with more options now....but shart drive still priority. the SD, i'm not sure if anyone selling it here in singapore....not to mention the TC3.
How about this...I'm looking for a shaft driven car with layout such that on one side of the chasis is the battery while the other side is where i'd like the esc etc to be. That should narrow down my search rite? Anyone? Thanx guys.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Which shaft cars do you LHS carry and which cars are representated at your local track.

That would be the best starting point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.