Community
Wiki Posts
Search

free drive train for TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

The Tamiya shocks from a few years back which were gold colored. If you look at the Evo 4, it had gold Tamiya shocks.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have heard that you can mod the belt to improve the acceleration a bit but cutting every other tooth and things of that nature. Unfortunately on stock belts, you can chew a belt if you aren't careful. Anyone else tried this?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I actually found the inner holes (the holes the bearings go into) of the cams to be too small on my TC5 when I had it. I shaved some material in there and it freed up for me. The bearings at the diffs definately get pinched and bound up and slow things down.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Another thing to do is keep an eye on your diff pulleys. Over time stuff can get lodged in between the teeth and are impossible to get out. This causes your belt to tighten and loosen during movement. Check your diffs by taking the pinion off and freely moving the tires and look at the belt to see if it is rising off the pulley or if it is smooth. Another way to see this is by taking the top deck completely off and spin the wheels slowly. Look and see if the chassis bends. It should not.

This is something often overlooked.