R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   When temperature getīs to hot, what to change (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/307982-when-temperature-get%B4s-hot-what-change.html)

Nuno Gancho 06-28-2009 12:56 PM

When temperature getīs to hot, what to change

Hi, i need some help, my set up is perfect when temperature is low, during the day, when it getīs more hot, i satrt to lose stability and rear traction.

Do you change set, i have to use the same tyre during all event, thanks.

wingracer 06-28-2009 01:13 PM

What class are you running? Is this TC or pan car? Carpet or asphalt? Rubber or foam? I'm guessing rubber tire tc on asphalt.

TryHard 06-28-2009 02:40 PM

A few things to try.

Lower your warmer temps,
Thicker shock oils,
Softer springs.

the warmer temp is a pretty obvious one... :)

The shock oil, will slow the cars reaction down a bit, and also shock oil drops in viscosity a bit when temp comes up.

Softer spring might sound counter intuitive, however, they also work the tyres less, so don't heat them up as much.

HiH
Ed

Foxxrocket 06-28-2009 04:32 PM

If you'er running rudder tires. Then, temperature is going to effect your handling, through the tires.

Nuno Gancho 06-29-2009 08:23 AM

Hi, thanks for the help, i am runing modified touring car with ruber tyre.

If i am runing sorex 36 or muchmore 32 wich is the max temperature aceptable for the correct running of the tyre? When i start lossing rear traction normaly my tyres came out near 50-55š.

Thanks.

I have test thicker oil but it did not resolve my problem.

asw7576 06-29-2009 09:55 AM

most probably is setup / diff problem.

if you think is not setup / diff problem .... you should consider these :

1. paragon for rear tires ? .... if it doesn't help
2. have you use new set of tires ? 1 set for qualifying + 1 set for final ?? ..... if new set of tires still won't cut it ...
3. use new tires only for the rear, and use older*** tires for the front.

I also use sorex 36, with tip #3.

*** = rear tires from previous race.

Nuno Gancho 06-30-2009 02:37 AM

Yes i have used new set of tyre, it did only 1 good round, in the second round it start to lose rear traction.

Do you normaly change set up of the car because the temperatur goes high?

Thansk for the help.

kschu 06-30-2009 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho (Post 6004020)
Yes i have used new set of tyre, it did only 1 good round, in the second round it start to lose rear traction.

Thansk for the help.

solution :
1: drill 3mmx 4 hole in your rim before you mount the tyres
2. Use thicker Insert
3. use 40R tyre

asw7576 06-30-2009 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho (Post 6004020)

Thansk for the help.

No.

My friends and I are racing in hot weather tropical climates. No problem with Sorex 40. We don't change setup as temperatures rise.

You should check your setup / diff again. Perhaps you should copy an asphalt setup from your car's manufacturer, or from your car's factory team driver.

Probably your home track is not treated well ? not smooth surface ?

Btw, what car, what body and what tires do you use ?

TRF415boy 06-30-2009 04:12 AM

Am going to say the exact opposite to Ed here....

Put stiffer springs on :nod:

Nuno Gancho 06-30-2009 05:11 PM

Should i use higher roll center or lower if i am lossing rear traction when it starts the track to get hot

Yes the surface is not smooth

Xray 2009.

Set up for cool temperature is excelent, only get worse when temperature goes higher.

Tpg racer 07-01-2009 02:44 AM

I do notice this too with my TC... morning and evening session the car runs pretty well... During the noon session, things starts to get kinda slide-ish...

I felt lesser traction on the rear end (tends to oversteer a lil)...

Havent found any solution so far but the only way for me to avoid this is to drive a lil more conservatively and avoid crashing or spinning out... I have a feeling spinning out really heats up the tires badly...:eek:

Just so you know, we have pretty hot tropical weather here in Malaysia

vr01 07-01-2009 03:34 AM

Part of it is probably related to the track surface itself. As the temperature comes up, the track gets greasier as whatever is in the track material is drawn to the surface.

Have you tried anything so far? Also do other drivers experience the same problem?