Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dado11g
well, i wish i could afford it, how much does the whole system cost? and i will need an extra reciever or two
Assuming you have the transmitter already, around $160.00.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
The radio comes with the switch in the High (H) position and 2 CH mode (Advanced HSR) from factory. Pulling the module out does not hurt the pins. SLAMMING the module into the radio does. You can brake the solder joints and/or the PCB trace. Just take care when re-installing the module.
-Robert
Thanks for the info Ko staff
I have just purchased the radio set and have not touched the switch at the back but have played with the 2ch and 3 ch modes. currently its now on the 2-ch mode so theortically im in AHRS mode. But weird thing is im currently using a mars R reciever as i havent set up my race car yet to use the helios reciever. But i have not expereienced any problems so far with AHRS mode + mars R (301) receiver is this normal?
Old 07-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Hey everyone, I was wondering how many of you have had to send back your Helios for Pot replacement/repair? Just curious because I have heard from one of my local racers that after a year of continuous use, the Helios will need to be sent in for Pot replacement because the measurements will not stay constant.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_bam226
Hey everyone, I was wondering how many of you have had to send back your Helios for Pot replacement/repair? Just curious because I have heard from one of my local racers that after a year of continuous use, the Helios will need to be sent in for Pot replacement because the measurements will not stay constant.
Well my radio is on its way back from KO right now from having the pot replaced. My helios is only like 6 months old, but I have a feeling it was damaged when it was shipped to me after I bought it. Guess that's a good reason to buy insurance like I didn't do.

On the up side it is cheap to have replaced.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BrainTeased
Thanks for the info Ko staff
I have just purchased the radio set and have not touched the switch at the back but have played with the 2ch and 3 ch modes. currently its now on the 2-ch mode so theortically im in AHRS mode. But weird thing is im currently using a mars R reciever as i havent set up my race car yet to use the helios reciever. But i have not expereienced any problems so far with AHRS mode + mars R (301) receiver is this normal?
The KR-301 receiver may seem to work, but you may run into the receiver freezing at times. The signal is faster and sometimes the receiver gets confused. This may also seem like a glitch when you are using the equipment.

This may occur also if you are using analog servos in the AHSR mode with either reciever.

-Robert
Old 07-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dado11g
well, i wish i could afford it, how much does the whole system cost? and i will need an extra reciever or two
Actually, The whole Spektrum system (module and receiver) is cheaper than buying one KR-302 and a module for the Helios, so don't say they're very expensive
Old 07-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hebiki: When you coming up again ??? Jaime is looking for a battle .
Old 07-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Hey NW Racer, how much did the repair job cost?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

The KR-301 receiver may seem to work, but you may run into the receiver freezing at times. The signal is faster and sometimes the receiver gets confused. This may also seem like a glitch when you are using the equipment.

This may occur also if you are using analog servos in the AHSR mode with either reciever.

-Robert
Thanks Robert
i've also had a go at taking out the module now i understand why you have to be careful but its all good

also can we buy the steering pots ourselves and replace them ourselves? instead of sending it away.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_bam226
Hey NW Racer, how much did the repair job cost?
It was real cheap, 22 bucks parts and labor and then 12.00 for shipping back to me.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BrainTeased
Thanks Robert
i've also had a go at taking out the module now i understand why you have to be careful but its all good

also can we buy the steering pots ourselves and replace them ourselves? instead of sending it away.
Pots are a service item only, sorry. This is to prevent people from damaging their equipment.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
Hebiki: When you coming up again ??? Jaime is looking for a battle .
oh god... he'll have to look harder. i have nothing for that guy! i was just up there last weekend. ill be up again in sept. and then october. HOPEFULLY gilroy will be racing again.

robert.. sent you YET another PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
thxs
hey ko staff my helio will be there by thursday remember the pins in the bck of the radio that hold the transmitter case is lose also i need some sticker if u got them any question u can call me 8032898183 reggie thxs and also a foam wheel too thxs
Old 07-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default vantage type r

Is the Vantage Type R the stick equivalent of the Helios, or is it older technology?
I noticed the Vantage comes with a KR301 rather than the 302...
If it is older technology, can we expect to see a newer KO stick radio?

thanks,
-Michael
Old 07-27-2005, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Pots are a service item only, sorry. This is to prevent people from damaging their equipment.
thanks for the reply Mr Robert

lucky last question
i havent read much about the "adjust VR" setting option in great detial but im assuming this has something to do with the steering pot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.