Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just setting up my car right now, does the PT go into channell 3 or the Batt slot on the reciever?
Old 04-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

you can also put your transponder in the bumper for faster times.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

anyone know if the transmitter will lose life when the module is stored in the tranmiter when it is off.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

no one?
Old 04-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

you mean battery life? i very much doubt it.....my helios seems to get its voltage back while its switched off
Old 04-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Where can I buy rubber grommets for KO servo online LHS doesnt have them? Whats the size of servo screw (screw to hold the servo arm)? Is there a hex screw that I can use to replace the philips screw? Many thanks
Old 04-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by axel
anyone know if the transmitter will lose life when the module is stored in the tranmiter when it is off.
All I know is that once I switched to the SPektrum the voltage lasts forever. I think I have five race days on a single charge of the batteries. Another wonderful reason to switch to Spektrum.
Still love the Helios it is the best radio out IMHO. I think it won't matter if the Modual is in the radio or not. Once you switch the power off you basicly remove the batteries from the radio.
Stephen <><
Old 04-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

i have been told that if you are going to leave the radio for long periods of time you should remove the cells from the radio as they can leak and mess up the radio.

what are you opinions about charging cells in the Vantage? should i charge them in the radio or on a seperate stand alone charger?
Old 04-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

I am always reluctant to charge my cells in the radio. Only becasue I wathc a friends M8 melt....literaly...
I use my old Purple Super brain for that task or the second charge port designed for reciever packs on my GM COmmander.
It is just safer than charging while it is in the radio.
If you do charge in the radio I would keep an eye on it.
Stephen <><
Remember most of those chargers are not peak detect so they keep on charging regaurdless.

Originally posted by pheyhoe
i have been told that if you are going to leave the radio for long periods of time you should remove the cells from the radio as they can leak and mess up the radio.

what are you opinions about charging cells in the Vantage? should i charge them in the radio or on a seperate stand alone charger?
Old 04-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Is there any decent spec AA cell chargers about??? thats one thing i could really do with as you never quite know how much to charge them. If the charger recommends 16 hours its usually based on a lower capacity cell than a 2300 or a 2500......
Old 04-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Is the module in the Helios the same as in tha Vantage esprit II? i want a spectrum....
Old 04-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

i think its not the same
Old 04-11-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
All I know is that once I switched to the SPektrum the voltage lasts forever. I think I have five race days on a single charge of the batteries. Another wonderful reason to switch to Spektrum.
Still love the Helios it is the best radio out IMHO. I think it won't matter if the Modual is in the radio or not. Once you switch the power off you basicly remove the batteries from the radio.
Stephen <><
are you running it in the normal mode? have you tried it in hrs or ahrs to see if the module works. I was wondering if you had to slow down the transmitter or not to make the spektrum work. I know they have to on the futaba, but I beleive the 3pk actually transmits different in the different modes.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by theisgroup
are you running it in the normal mode? have you tried it in hrs or ahrs to see if the module works. I was wondering if you had to slow down the transmitter or not to make the spektrum work. I know they have to on the futaba, but I beleive the 3pk actually transmits different in the different modes.
Yes you have to be in the non HRS mode for the spektrum. I have not found any delay or any negative responce time either. The Spektrum system is the single greatest RC inovation of this century. Granted it is early into this century, it does make practice and racing a much more pleasent experience knowing you can turn on your transmitter in the pits while other races are going on and you can practice when ever without having to wait for your frequency clip....That is my favorite part.
I have heard people say that the Spektrum slows the transmitter reponce I say I can not tell the difference between the HRS and Spektrum, both feel very responcive and controled.
Just my $0.02
Stephen <><
Old 04-12-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HELIOS MODULE

Hi,

I was having trouble with my helios it kept glitching so i took it to get repaired and i found out that the module is stuffed so can anyone tell me where i can get just a module for a helios?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.