Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Ko Staff,
I got the wheel extention and the screw that locks the angle was missign and I am having a pain of time trying to find the right size.
Let me know the exact measurements. Also will you offer colored screws?
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 12-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Gearhead3
ROFLMAO!!

Hey ko staff, I have a question, I have a helios, and from day one it had something that would move around inside, is there something i can do to fix that? It seams that others have the same rattle. one of my buds has the same radio, and it has the same rattle.
Hey is it the battery rattling around? Mine did the same thing until I added a small piece of foam to the battery compartment.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

ROFLMAO!!

Hey ko staff, I have a question, I have a helios, and from day one it had something that would move around inside, is there something i can do to fix that? It seams that others have the same rattle. one of my buds has the same radio, and it has the same rattle.
Either like j240z said, could be the battery and that is why you were given the extra foam with the radio. Or you could just be hearing the spring for the steering.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey Ko Staff,
I got the wheel extention and the screw that locks the angle was missign and I am having a pain of time trying to find the right size.
Let me know the exact measurements. Also will you offer colored screws?
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Stephen-
Sorry don't know the exact size. I'll look into it.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

ROFLMAO!!

Hahaha, you know what that is?? It is that long silver button underneath your steering wheel. When I installed my drop wheel, I put a piece of foam on both sides of that sucker. Now the rattling is gone but I can still push that button if I need to, although I have no clue what it is for.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the purpose of the button under the steering is what ever you want it for.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by forty6
Hahaha, you know what that is?? It is that long silver button underneath your steering wheel. When I installed my drop wheel, I put a piece of foam on both sides of that sucker. Now the rattling is gone but I can still push that button if I need to, although I have no clue what it is for.
i remember reading somewhere you can assign that button to use as a start and stop button so you can do your laptimes from your radio. i never did figure out how to use that feature on my radio.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hebiki
i remember reading somewhere you can assign that button to use as a start and stop button so you can do your laptimes from your radio. i never did figure out how to use that feature on my radio.
It would be nice to have that.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by onebeatuptc3
the purpose of the button under the steering is what ever you want it for.
I assigned mine as the "get me a beer" button !!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:59 AM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does the Ko Propo radio bag fit the Helios with the extension unit?
Attached Thumbnails KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's-kpp16206.gif  
Old 12-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Is the module that is rattling around. the battery is secure. but the module rattles around.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

KO Staff:

Hi,

I didn't take it apart......... it was the majic smoke that came out of the back of the radio that kinda gave it away(along withthe smelll). on the same day there was L.E. Mars that did the same thing and they tore thiers apart and it was burnt where the epoxy holds the antenna mount to the P.C. board. SO I'm kinda guessing i'st the same on mine.
as fo tripling the cost of repairs............now you sound like the servce center at one of the Big Three.......

Thanks
Old 12-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can the Helios menus be accessed and settings changed without having the radio turned on?

For instance, I'd like very much to be able to switch from one car profile to another without transmitting... so i can do it in the pit.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bob Nilsen
Can the Helios menus be accessed and settings changed without having the radio turned on?

For instance, I'd like very much to be able to switch from one car profile to another without transmitting... so i can do it in the pit.
pull the module out and that will solve the problem. I use to do this with my MARS, did not effect anything. everything that has to do with RF is in the module so you don't have to worry about blowing out the finals on the radio.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by TimXLB
KO Staff:

Hi,

I didn't take it apart......... it was the majic smoke that came out of the back of the radio that kinda gave it away(along with the smell). on the same day there was L.E. Mars that did the same thing and they tore thiers apart and it was burnt where the epoxy holds the antenna mount to the P.C. board. so I'm kinda guessing it's the same on mine.
as for tripling the cost of repairs............now you sound like the servce center at one of the Big Three.......

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.