For a Good Cause - Paul L

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For a Good Cause - Paul L

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Paul great idea and as usual a classy move by you. I'd like to help just let me know where to send.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Im with you Paul!!

Originally Posted by Donny Lia
Paul great idea and as usual a classy move by you. I'd like to help just let me know where to send.
+1 Paul. Add me to the list!!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Paul please check PM's...

Alex
Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Gravity RC

Hi Everyone. the support that has been shown for Jeremy has been great. I have gotten PM's from people that want me to build cars to people saying that jeremy and his family are in their prayers, Thank you all.
I have replied to every PM that i have gotten so far with information on how to make a contribution. Please let me know if i have not responded to you.
I have been talking to Jeremy and he has really expressed his gratitude.

Thanks again. Paul
Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Good work Paul!

If it wasn't for R/C and the racer fellowship, my battle with cancer would have ended long time ago. After three years of treatments my body has taken a toll, but I'm still racing and still fighting strong becuase R/C has given me something fun to focus on rather than the cancer.

I am glad that racers like Paul have the compasion to keep the spirts of fellow racers up during the toughest of times. Even if one can not afford to contribute from the wallet, just going out of your way to make a phone call, or lend a hand can makes a difference.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Smile When racers come together!

Paul,
You and Scotty are cut from the same cloth, both of you show compassion for others and I commend you both for everything you do to help Jeremy through this rough time.
I have to admit if it wasn't for RC I would never had made it through the Chemotheropy I experienced. This stuff tears you up inside and it is almost unbearable.
RC gave me the opportunity to feel normal again with the help of fellow racers, friends and RC racing I was able to keep a positive state of mind which is critical in keeping up your immune system.
Thank god it was caught in time and it's been two year of remission for me and hopefully many more to come.
Once again thank you guys for all you do and show that theres more to RC racers. They are a community of friends that when fellow racers are going through difficult times good people come together and show what we are made of!
"God Bless "you all!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

PM sent for support!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:49 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

any way to send you some bread as a straight donation?

R
Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Gravity RC

Hi everyone. I was informed by Amy (Jeremys wife) that Jeremy has passed away. He was very sick these last few weeks and everyone close to him feared that it would end soon. Im glad that we did this thread when we did because i know he was following it and definately felt the support from everyone. Im very sad for his family right now.

paul
Old 07-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Paul,

Please pass along our deepest sympathies to Amy and family. Jeremy was a great person both on and off the track.

As Alex may have already informed you, the first race here for this year's Asphault Assault on July 25, a portion of the race fees will be donated to Jeremy's Family.

Eric
Old 07-06-2009, 04:19 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Paul,

Please pass along our deepest sympathies to Amy and family. Jeremy was a great person both on and off the track.

As Alex may have already informed you, the first race here for this year's Asphault Assault on July 25, a portion of the race fees will be donated to Jeremy's Family.

Eric
Hi Eric, I will definately pass it along.
That is very nice, Thanks!

Thanks to everyone.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Paul- I just saw this thread, don't make it off the nitro boards much anymore, lol. Anyway, there are pro drivers then there are pro people. You are definatley a pro person and this shows. My dad passed away in April so I know what the family is going through and his children, I hope the benefit will aid in his family's recovery and expenses. I wish your family and his family the best.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I thought I would add these pictures. Jeremy was able to attend last years Stock Rubber nationals. Jeremy's race equipment was extremely old, so Paul presented him with his winning car from the 2008 IIC. Paul you are a class act.
My thoughts are with his family.

Boomer
Old 07-09-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

This is my first time back in a long time and I just read this thread. Please pass along our deepest sympathies to Amy and family. I didn't know Jeremy, however, I also have a friend battling cancer. This puts life in perspective.

Paul. Please PM me if you are still doing X-Ray work. I would Indeed like to make a donation.

Thanks and God Bless