Wiki Posts
Search

Battery choices for stock class

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Battery choices for stock class

Hi there

I know there's many battery threads, and I've tried different searches for finding the best batteries for stock class. But the results were overhelming.

So please help me, either by direct answer or by providing a link for the proper thread.

I need to choose which pack to buy.

I'm racing in stock class. I like the performance from Sanyo 3000 and want at least the same voltage, IR and durability as Sanyo 3000 HV.

I'm an budget guy, and considering the following, which I've found at nice prices:

Team Orion GP 3300 batteri-pack, V-Max Plus-RDS
Gold Peak NimH 3300 mAh - volt: 1.160-1.164
Sanyo 3300 V-Max plus nimh rds

All three packs cost the same. I tend to get the Gold Peak NimH 3300 mAh - volt: 1.160-1.164. But what do you guys suggest?
Old 01-12-2004, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Are your choices limited to those three packs?

I bought a zxracing(www.zxracing.com) pack and am very happy with it. Their 1.160-1.164v packs are $35us. I doubt there is a hugh difference between matchers. Other then that I'd say stick with gp3300's, forget the sanyo's, from what I've heard they arn't as good as the gp cells.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Limited and limited, well, I live in a small country and the RC market in itself is quite limited.

The above was what I found on the net, that fit in my pricerange. But I can see if I buy overseas, ZX-prices are the half of wahts avaible around here. I prefer supporting the LHS, but 50% discount or better batteries are temptating....

Anyway, the choise between Sanyo and GP matters, so it's nice to hear a vote for one of them.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

Cole, hands down the GP's. Alot of battery matchers here in the USA have quit matching Sanyo's and Panasonics.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Cole I would give my vote to Fukuyama packs. I have a few different packs in my box and the Fukuyamas are by far the best. Runtime is sick with them. At the end of a 5 min race your final laps will be as fast if not faster than your first. And there is a large difference between machers. Each one has thier own process that they zap and cycle the cells at to give you the product they think is the best.There is one matcher s pack I have that I think was a waste of money and the others are good but the Fukuyamas are juat a step above. Right now anyhow, until someone else comes up with the new hot setup.
Fukuyama Racing

IM not sure about a supplier over there but you can get em right from them easily and the price and service is second to none.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cole, I've been using GP's from Orion, Reedy, and Hurricane Motorsports, and Fusion lately, and they are all good matchers. Just stick with GPs and a quality matcher and you can't go wrong.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Battery choices for stock class

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Hi thereI know there's many battery threads, and I've tried different searches for finding the best batteries for stock class. But the results were overhelming.

Cole- For stock racing, voltage is critical. Buy highest voltage batteries you can afford from a reputable matcher. I personally run Trinity GP3300's for both stock and modified racing.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking best batts ..

I'D say FUKUYAMA .. I've ran all the others and find that these paks are the best and most responsive on punch and durability and run time .. the IR,s and numbers are excellant the service and attention to detail cant be beat....so look them up ......I would..thanks..
Old 01-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

The "Orion GP3300" and the Gold Peak 3300 are the same cells. Get either one of those packs. Whichever you think has better numbers.

Orion uses lavco matchers, and they are pretty reliable. Same type of machines used by Reedy. The GP cells are FAR SuPERIOR to any sanyo that has come before it.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

I say use ZX packs I have several of them and they are awsome.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the helpfull replies.

It's easy, since all of you say GP.

I researched a little more and found out, that the "Gold Peak NimH 3300 mAh - volt: 1.160-1.164" comes from Team-1.

I'm waiting for an answer about the Orion numbers.

I'll also contact Fukuyama.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fukuyama prices are very competitive and they we have dealers all around the world. One of our team drivers is from Holland which is not very far from you.

John
Old 01-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Check out hurricane motorsports. They had drivers in all the A-mains at the novak race and are great packs for a relatively low price.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Get some ZX racing packs. ZX is created on getting racers with good cheap batterys. With a stock motor you would even be fine with some 1.15-1.159. They run at 30 bucks
Old 01-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

The extra money you spend on Fuku cells over zx cells is paying for the fuku team drivers. As far as I know, zx racing has no team drivers so they give the saving to the racers. IMO the fuku cells arn't superioir in performance to the zx cells. I've seen fuku, zx and promatched cells on the track and there all very close performance wise. Whatever you buy I'm sure you'll be happy with them(including orion, team-1).

Last edited by fatdoggy; 01-12-2004 at 05:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.