Wiki Posts
Search

Xray 1/12th with Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Xray 1/12th with Lipo

I am trying to balance my xray 1/2th with lipo batteries, any ideas would be appreciated. Also What servo is mostly used. I am using the Airtronics servo
(94145) and it does not fit on the left side. Thanks
Old 06-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

The servo must be installed in reverse for good balance. To accomplish this, I first mounted the left side servo mount on the extra (left-most) holes already pre-drilled in the chassis from the factory. Then, I glued the right servo mount to the chassis with shoe-goo, and put a small piece of servo tape underneath the very edge of the servo that touches the chassis at an angle (for added security).

Once I installed the battery and electronics (including a 200mah rx pack), I added 14 grams of weight to the electronics side and the car was perfectly balanced left to right.

The car is still light...~20g under the ROAR weight minimum in ready-to-race form.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 1/12

Arun
Ok thanks man just got the car and putting the finishing touches to try it out tomorrow. Your car is clean

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
The servo must be installed in reverse for good balance. To accomplish this, I first mounted the left side servo mount on the extra (left-most) holes already pre-drilled in the chassis from the factory. Then, I glued the right servo mount to the chassis with shoe-goo, and put a small piece of servo tape underneath the very edge of the servo that touches the chassis at an angle (for added security).

Once I installed the battery and electronics (including a 200mah rx pack), I added 14 grams of weight to the electronics side and the car was perfectly balanced left to right.

The car is still light...~20g under the ROAR weight minimum in ready-to-race form.