Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
59 cent parma paint? >

59 cent parma paint?

59 cent parma paint?

Old 08-29-2001, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Cool 59 cent parma paint?

I was looking through the cupboard the other day and found some acrilic paint my Mom uses. It's called CRAFTER'S Edition Acrilic Paint, and you should find it at most craft stores. Any-way, I dug out a piece of scrap lexan, and just brushed a bit on. I noticed the paint is thicker than parma, so I added a bit of water to make it the same consistancy. I brushed some of the thinned paint on, red, and compared it to some parma red I brushed on. It looks identical. I let it dry for about 18 hours, then flexed the lexan alot, bending it 180 degrees to see if the paint would crack, it would not. The red looks identical, maybe a little darker. The other shades are slightly darker. I'm considering getting some white and adding a little of that to see what happens. Onec I get my airbrush, I plan to try a little more with them. At 59 cents for 2oz, they're worth a try, and if they work, you save alot of money!

Speedo
Old 08-30-2001, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think the color is as good as parma/createx paint, but I'll use this stuff to practice with, don't have to use my parma stuff to get used to the airbrush.

Speedo