R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New to Brushless and wanna CRY (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/304925-new-brushless-wanna-cry.html)

killatoyota4569 06-15-2009 05:15 PM

New to Brushless and wanna CRY

I have gotten another GTB from a freind. It had a 3.5T velociti on it. I used the motor and it worked great. Then went home to put on my 7.5T Team Orion Vortex motor to the ESC. It worked great for 10 mins. then it just stopped (the car) and the throttle or brake wouldnt be recognized. Steering worked, but the throttle did not. Took the motor out the car, and tryed again. same thing nothing. SO then I reprogrammed the ESC, and the motor turns. But its like you say Cogging?? when I hit the throttle its like the signal is jumpin magnet to magnet the wrong way, its very ruff, and i cant get any power, just like cogging, how ever you say it. And I have another GTB ESC that is doin the same exact thing. Can you tell me why these are doing this? and what I neeed or can do to fix them please. They werre both working great and then stopped out of nowhere. I am really frustated and hurting. this is the 3rd one I am on and I dont know why they are all doing the same thing!!! Thank you for your time :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Cpt.America 06-15-2009 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569 (Post 5941146)
It worked great for 10 mins. then it just stopped :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

The battery is dead.

kschu 06-15-2009 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569 (Post 5941146)
I have gotten another GTB from a freind. It had a 3.5T velociti on it. I used the motor and it worked great. Then went home to put on my 7.5T Team Orion Vortex motor to the ESC. It worked great for 10 mins. then it just stopped (the car) and the throttle or brake wouldnt be recognized. Steering worked, but the throttle did not. Took the motor out the car, and tryed again. same thing nothing. SO then I reprogrammed the ESC, and the motor turns. But its like you say Cogging?? when I hit the throttle its like the signal is jumpin magnet to magnet the wrong way, its very ruff, and i cant get any power, just like cogging, how ever you say it. And I have another GTB ESC that is doin the same exact thing. Can you tell me why these are doing this? and what I neeed or can do to fix them please. They werre both working great and then stopped out of nowhere. I am really frustated and hurting. this is the 3rd one I am on and I dont know why they are all doing the same thing!!! Thank you for your time :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

try check your sensor wire....or try swap back to your novak motor and see if the prob still persist.... if no, then your orion motor hv prob or your timing too high??

killatoyota4569 06-15-2009 06:33 PM

How do you set the timing???

Well it was the motor, My novak works great, just way to fast.

Another problem I am having is when I go to setup throttle, brake, nuetral..... the ESC does not recognize brake. so there is no brake. THis is using my M11 radio and spektrum 3000 setup. When I put my other airtronics mx3 on it, And then calibrate, it finds brake then. but not with the M11.... what do you think it can be?

Now this Orion Motor was in perfect working cond. It worked for 8 mins fine on the car, and then just stopped out of nowhere. Bad sensor wire???

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FAST REPSONSE

Cpt.America 06-15-2009 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569 (Post 5941462)
Now this Orion Motor was in perfect working cond. It worked for 8 mins fine on the car, and then just stopped out of nowhere. Bad sensor wire???

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FAST REPSONSE

no.. DEAD BATTERY

killatoyota4569 06-15-2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt.America (Post 5941940)
no.. DEAD BATTERY

battery is charged, and I even tested with a fully charge, and the same
what do you think?

shane ae1 06-15-2009 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569 (Post 5941995)
battery is charged, and I even tested with a fully charge, and the same
what do you think?

uu cant run 7 mins on a 7.5 with out it stopping

Skiddins 06-16-2009 06:01 AM

How hot are the speed controller and motor getting when you used them.

Skiddins

mailboxck 06-17-2009 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by shane ae1 (Post 5942046)
uu cant run 7 mins on a 7.5 with out it stopping

That's exactly what I thought when you said it ran for 10 minutes and then stopped. :weird:

killatoyota4569 06-17-2009 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by mailboxck (Post 5947207)
That's exactly what I thought when you said it ran for 10 minutes and then stopped. :weird:

I got it working, and what do you mean I cant run a 7.5T for longer than 7 mins??? What I mean run, is like passes up and down my block, it was a bad sensor wire on the motor. Car works great now

Thanks for all the help everyone