Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Airtronics MX3 radio system

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation Help with Airtronics MX3 radio system

Hi to all,

Can anybody 'teach' me on how to properly use an Airtronics MX-3 radio coz the manual doesn't tell you anything about what advantage or disadvantage adjusting the settings will do to the performance of your car.

There's the duar-rate steering, sub-trim, ARC, end-point adjustment (EPA). How will this affect the car???

Thanks!

Roy
Old 08-19-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Send me an e-mail, I can help you out.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

almost the same question, but i know everything on it except what is ARC?? And shouldn't your endpoints be set(for throttle) to the max to use your whole trigger?
Old 12-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

anybody? It's not really a mx-3 thing, i just want to know what ARC is?
Old 12-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

What ARC does is change the servo or throttle curve. What it does for steering is to speed it up at the beginning of a turn if you thing it is reacting too soon or if you think it is turning too fast at the beginning you can slow or speed it up. Its the same for throttle if you think its doggy off of the corner and your not spinning tires you can speed it up at the beginning of the throttle pull, or if your spinning tires off the corner you can slow it down to keep the tires from spinning.

For steering a negative ARC will speed it up at the start of a turn and a posative ARC will slow it down at the start of a turn

For throttle a negative ARC will speed up the throttle off the corner and a posative ARC will slow it down off of a corner.

I think most radios call it a curve
Old 12-30-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

i asked this question about a month ago....and smoke 21 was very helpful and curtious and helped me out....here it is:

ok Ill break it down I have this radio and the Instructions are crap for telling you what it does

Arcthis comes from BuddaTech...)In Aritronics speak, ARC is an exponential adjustment. It stands for Adjustable Rate Control. A negative value will result in a less than linear control of the function. In other words...the servo (or ESC) will respond less qiuckly than either a linear (direct relationship) or positive setting.

Example:

For a nitro car you could dial in some negative to make the initial thorotle response less imediate. This may be useful if there is limited traction or the thorotle responds too quickly. The same can be done to the steering.

Dual Rate: Dual rate allows you to change the radius of your turn. In techical tracks you might want a high setting for sharp turns and on wide tracks you can use less steering to prevent oversteer

Sub Trim: centers the servo basicly it moves the range of movement left or right it is hard to explain (what I do for this is I accally set it to 0 then install the servo and then install the horn at center and make adjustments from there.)

EPA: END POINT ADJUSTMENT this allows you to change where the servo motion stops especially helpful for nitro engines as you don't want it to over extend the throttle arm

hopefully this will help you as it did me...
Old 12-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks speedie and budda(twopie)! So thats what arc is, oo, that'll help alot, i need some negative ARC, i ne er spin my tires, and i need some positive Steering ARC. Well, all i need now is to wait a couple weeks for my home track season to start.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

also too, in your manual, there are two graphs that also help with the ARC adjustment