Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally RDX Phi 09

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk
Tried the narrow chassis on my 09 yesterday and im impressed, track was cold and dusty to start with but once it warmed up a few degrees and cleaned up for the finals i started pushing the car. I was running 17.5 spec mode against 17.5 turbo cars and thanks to the track only having one long straight i ended the day with my fastest lap just a 10th slower than the fastest turbo car.

I was even having to back off when chasing someone into the corners otherwise i would just end up running into the back of them.

Very happy
Sounds sweeeet
Old 03-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Does anybody know of what Corally USA drivers are going to be at the 2011 roar carpet nats this week?
not a one showed up.. only corally's there were the handfull of local cars.

Mark Day made the B in 17.5
Jacko Balchin was in the C in 17.5

Brandon Penny and myself made the A in 21.5...

little dissapointed being Corally helped sponsor the event and didn't send any driver's. The X-ray and Ae team was in full force and very friendly group of guys to talk to. Makes me really think about what I want to run next year.

On the bright side of things my car was pretty good all weekend..much better than I could drive it.

Last edited by KR145; 04-01-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KR145
not a one showed up.. only corally's there were the handfull of local cars.

Mark Day made the B in 17.5

Brandon Penny and myself made the A in 21.5...

little dissapointed being Corally helped sponsor the event and didn't send any driver's. The X-ray and Ae team was in full force and very friendly group of guys to talk to. Makes me really think about what I want to run next year.

On the bright side of things my car was pretty good all weekend..much better than I could drive it.
I would have been there but had other things that were more important. I wander if any will show at the asphalt nats in New Jersey.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Hello,

last weekend i droved for my first time an Corally Phi 09 (already with the small chassis + tamiya suspension and tamiya shocks).

This Car was not my own, i lent it from a Corally Teamdriver. Further i droved a Sakura Zero.

I run the fastest time on that race weekend, but the car was very difficult to drive. I have a lot Problems with curbs, can't touch them or the car flips over. The Curbs wasn't very high, all other Touring Cars can cut the Curbs.

Someone have an Idea ? How can i solve that Problems?

Greetings
iZzy
Old 03-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by #iZzy
Hello,

last weekend i droved for my first time an Corally Phi 09 (already with the small chassis + tamiya suspension and tamiya shocks).

This Car was not my own, i lent it from a Corally Teamdriver. Further i droved a Sakura Zero.

I run the fastest time on that race weekend, but the car was very difficult to drive. I have a lot Problems with curbs, can't touch them or the car flips over. The Curbs wasn't very high, all other Touring Cars can cut the Curbs.

Someone have an Idea ? How can i solve that Problems?

Greetings
iZzy

1, remove all the tamiya parts , a well set up Phi 09 with the narrow chassis and straight arms will go as quick as anything else out there in the hands of a club driver.

2, adjust setup , learn which curbs you can monster and which ones you need to show some respect.

My Phi 09 with narrow chassis/straight arms is the most planted car i have ever driven and just seems to carry that little bit more corner speed than any other car i race against at my local club.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Hi!

I have ordered already my own Phi with the narrow Chassis and the Straight Suspension.

I hope the car & parts arrived me this week

The Problem with the Curbs is that i can't touch ANY Curb, don't know why. That was a mystery, because all other Cars haven't this Problems.

Tested around with different Springs (HPI), Shock Positions, Shock Rebound, Length and Height of the Camber Links and so on.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

here's some pics of my car that made the A-main in 21.5 non-timing class @ the Nats. Fun race.
Attached Thumbnails Corally RDX Phi 09-nats-11-021.jpg   Corally RDX Phi 09-phi09-002.jpg   Corally RDX Phi 09-phi09-005.jpg   Corally RDX Phi 09-phi09-001.jpg   Corally RDX Phi 09-dsc02848_filtereda.jpg  

Old 04-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by #iZzy
Hi!

I have ordered already my own Phi with the narrow Chassis and the Straight Suspension.

I hope the car & parts arrived me this week

The Problem with the Curbs is that i can't touch ANY Curb, don't know why. That was a mystery, because all other Cars haven't this Problems.

Tested around with different Springs (HPI), Shock Positions, Shock Rebound, Length and Height of the Camber Links and so on.

No idea?
Old 04-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default body mounts

You can raise body mounts that secure the body. This allows the body to slide up the body mount when you hit the curbs and stop some of the roll over's.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XCELL
You can raise body mounts that secure the body. This allows the body to slide up the body mount when you hit the curbs and stop some of the roll over's.
I've done this already
Old 04-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys, I'm in the process of ballancing up my 09 and wanted to know how much weight you guys have added and where. And what is your final weight. Our minimum is 1425g and i'm really pushing to get the car ballanced and as light as possible. I normally run a LRP fan and heatsink on the motor but it looks like i will have to remove it if i want to get any where near the 1425 mark..

cheers.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Uziman
Hi guys, I'm in the process of ballancing up my 09 and wanted to know how much weight you guys have added and where. And what is your final weight. Our minimum is 1425g and i'm really pushing to get the car ballanced and as light as possible. I normally run a LRP fan and heatsink on the motor but it looks like i will have to remove it if i want to get any where near the 1425 mark..

cheers.

Running mine around 1362g with 25 or 30g on the lipo side of the car for a good left right balance as i can get. Our weight limit is 1350g + and never run a fan on the motor.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KR145
here's some pics of my car that made the A-main in 21.5 non-timing class @ the Nats. Fun race.

Great result even better trophy girl lol.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk
Great result even better trophy girl lol.
Ya, the Trophy girl was a popular "attraction".

Weight- normally we run 1380 grams in TC, but for Nats 21.5 the weight limit was 1450. So I had to 70 grams. Added 2-30gram corally lipo chassis weights, and on the speedo side added 12grams behind the motor. car balanced pretty good. Another mod I do- use the kit battery strap and screw it to the bottom of the chassis and it acts like a battery back stop.What that does is it slides the battery out from the center of the car a little and helps alot w/ the side to side balance and also keeps the battery from sliding into the belts.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Kevin Did great all week for his first Nat's. Iv'e been ruuning the 09 straight arms now for a couple season and have had the chance to drive photons, and T3-11's and still keep driving the old girl.... it's just a good planted easy to work on rig.

Ran our club race on the nat's layout last and got within 1 second of the 2nd place cars in both A1 and A2. super hooked up just wish I could have pulled some runs like that last week at the Nat's................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.