Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Corally RDX Phi 09 >

Corally RDX Phi 09

Corally RDX Phi 09

Old 03-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok i got the PDF creator to work attached is the TITC setup.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Simon Nicholson TITC.pdf (335.2 KB, 270 views)
Old 03-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by s.nicholson
Ok i got the PDF creator to work attached is the TITC setup.
Simon - If you scroll over the chassis and click on the weight position openings, it will allow you to show the positions of the weights as well as the positions of the front and rear arm mounts. Also, how much shiming did you use for the ball stud on the center steering post?
Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BJohnson
Simon - If you scroll over the chassis and click on the weight position openings, it will allow you to show the positions of the weights as well as the positions of the front and rear arm mounts. Also, how much shiming did you use for the ball stud on the center steering post?
If you read in the notes I mentioned about the weights being on the battery as I was running the 6 cell chassis , and I didn't use shims on ackerman as I was using the 08 style bell crank
Old 04-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Right folks im in need of a good starting setup using the car kit standard racing out doors on tarmac ? i have one of these kits making it's way to me in the post but by the time it gets here i will have no time for testing before i race it.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk
Right folks im in need of a good starting setup using the car kit standard racing out doors on tarmac ? i have one of these kits making it's way to me in the post but by the time it gets here i will have no time for testing before i race it.
Hi I will post a setup for you tonight
Old 04-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Attached is a very good starting point setup for Asphalt rubber tyre racing.
Attached Files
Old 04-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,

I have a PHI 09 rubber car with delrin spool and new spares for sale.
I also have a LOT of new spare parts for sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...o-edition.html

Grtzz
Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

I have a Phi '09 and when I fit the front sway bars they touch the shock springs, Is this normal as I am running the Tamiya TRF shocks with Corally springs?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Michael
Old 04-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by miku
I have a Phi '09 and when I fit the front sway bars they touch the shock springs, Is this normal as I am running the Tamiya TRF shocks with Corally springs?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Michael
Yes its fine i usually just turn the spring a little bit so as the wire sits in between the coils. I believe Corally will be designing some new bars later on to accomodate for this. Which way are you running the upright post on the sway bar?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Well raced my lipo spec PHi yesterday for the first time after i finished building it saturday afternoon. Built it as per the manual for camber link positions, springs etc as i had no time to test or an option parts to run.

The car handles very well indeed, no nasty surprises in the twisty stuff or when getting on or off the throttle. Ran the new GM 13.5 high torque motor and spx speedo but lack of gearing options open to me it ment i could not gear up more than 5.5 so cars were passing me with ease on the straight. Think i will have to invest in some smaller pulleys to get the ratio i need as the motor never got warm let alone hot so was not working hard enough.

Seeing as im race rusty after playing with rock crawlers for a year my fastest lap was just 8/10ths slower than pole on a very bumpy twisty track despite me not treating my tyres with addative and the lack of straight line speed.

Plenty more time to be found from me and the car yet
Old 04-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Yes its fine i usually just turn the spring a little bit so as the wire sits in between the coils. I believe Corally will be designing some new bars later on to accomodate for this. Which way are you running the upright post on the sway bar?

I believe I am running the upright posts as per the manual but have attached a pic as well.

Regards

Michael
Attached Thumbnails Corally RDX Phi 09-img_5771.jpg   Corally RDX Phi 09-img_5772.jpg  
Old 04-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone run in 17.5 or 13.5 classes and if so what betls/pulleys are you using to get the ratios you need ??
Old 04-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk
Anyone run in 17.5 or 13.5 classes and if so what betls/pulleys are you using to get the ratios you need ??
36/21 pulleys with std front belt and optional 186 mm rear belt + mid center bearing holders. With this you get internal gear ratio of 1.7.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by miku
I believe I am running the upright posts as per the manual but have attached a pic as well.

Regards

Michael
Ahhh I see, I was talking about the new straight arms.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Ahhh I see, I was talking about the new straight arms.
The car is supposed to have the straight arms to give them ago but I have been having trouble getting them in Australia (2 Months so far) and have ordered from the UK as well and they should arrive late next week hopefully.

I notice when you run the straight arms you have to replace the front sway bar wire does this help the issue?

Michael

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.