R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TA05 and SXX (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/303291-ta05-sxx.html)

henry_y_leung 06-08-2009 06:31 PM

TA05 and SXX

Hello all,

Does anyone here use SXX TC Spec in your TA05?

I have recently installed the new SXX, running X12 4.5T, Lipo 30C 5000 and gear ratio 10.25. The esc smoked up after couple runs. I didn't find anything wrong with the gear ratio. So wondering if you have used SXX in your TA05 and what motor and gear ratio to use for my references before I put the replacement into TA05 again.

Thanks.

The Wease 06-08-2009 06:37 PM

ASCLRP80900 SXX Competition Speed Control

SKU: ASCLRP80900

ASCLRP80900 SXX Competition Speed Control

OVERVIEW

SXX Competition Speed Control
Specially developed for 1:12 on-road and 1:10 2WD off-road racing, high-tech features and matched components are what make the all new SXX Competition the highest performing brushless speed control today.

Features
• C3 Technology. Revolutionary Copper Core Cooling technology for lowest running temperatures
• New X.Brake. Stronger brake and 10 auto brake setting for perfect adjustments
• New ADPC 2 software. 10 power profiles, includes all profiles used by the team
• Extra small size. 30.5x34x16mm
• Optimized Internal Temp Check System 2. Allows you to read out the maximum internal temperature that the speed control has reached.
• Sensored design
• AutoCell System: Automatic NiMh-LiPo adaptation
• Externally removable power capacitor and 2.6mm power cable

Specs
Motor Limit 7.2V/7.4V: 5.5T or higher
Motor Limit 6.0V: 5.0T or higher
Voltage Input: 4.8-7.4V
Type: Forward/Brake

Looks like you used the wrong esc should of got the sxxtc it has lower turn capability.

henry_y_leung 06-08-2009 06:49 PM

Yes, I got the SXX TC instead of SXX. It should handle 4.5T fine.

The Wease 06-08-2009 07:04 PM

Yes the SXXTC is rated for a 3t and higher

not home 06-08-2009 08:47 PM

sometimes escs can go for no reason. maybe you were moving your servo a ton, that can sent electricity to the esc and when you turn it on it will fry. the tc edition is made for 4wd vehicles and works in 2wd.

Solara 06-09-2009 09:04 AM

This is the time you can see how LRP support can do....if you are indeed using the SXX TC that can support the 4.5 motor and you are indeed running 10.25 final drive...it must be the speedo problem.

Your final drive is fine...TA05 has nothing to do about it, but you have to understand that electronics will fries for sometime NO REASON....contact LRP and see what they can do for you....

When buying speedo/electronics....tech and customer support is a major factor.

scotk 06-09-2009 01:00 PM

henery,
Is this a new TA05, stock not a R kit? If so I'm having the same problem. I've fried 6 ESCs, 5 Tazers and 1 Tekin Fxr. The LHS has checked out everything and has no idea why it's happening. I've found some info here on the forum in reference to a static problem for which a grounding strap from the motor mount to the front or rear damper stay should fix. I'm waiting for a new ESC to see if it works.

joe of loath 06-09-2009 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by scotk (Post 5917079)
henery,
Is this a new TA05, stock not a R kit? If so I'm having the same problem. I've fried 6 ESCs, 5 Tazers and 1 Tekin Fxr. The LHS has checked out everything and has no idea why it's happening. I've found some info here on the forum in reference to a static problem for which a grounding strap from the motor mount to the front or rear damper stay should fix. I'm waiting for a new ESC to see if it works.

I have heard about static buildup, it happens a lot on carpet apparently. What I would do is take a short piece of 18 gauge wire, strip it of its insulation, wind it round one of the screws that holds the motor mount in and screw it in. It should work to ground it.

einix 06-09-2009 01:57 PM

I would say, the spec are for guide line only, Infer-red temperature gun are always your best friend when dealing with brushless :p