Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
dots/flappers for clik-trak >

dots/flappers for clik-trak

dots/flappers for clik-trak

Old 06-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default dots/flappers for clik-trak

Until CRC releases their clik-dots and clik-flappers, I'm looking for some creative dot/flapper ideas that can be easily velcroed to the carpet (for dots) and attached to the exposed ends of the clik-trak. I've looked at a couple of different cones/domes used for sports agility training, but don't have any ideas for securing them so they won't be knocked loose or raise up on impact and allow a car to get stuck under them. What do you other rug rats do to cover those exposed track ends?

-rocky b
Old 06-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Regional Moderator

For flappers, at the Carpet Nats this year, we used 1/2 in thick vinyl moldings from Home Depot. They were about 8 inches wide, so we ripped them lengthwise in half (producing two 4 inch wide, 1/2 inch thick pieces). We then doubled them up to make a 1 inch thick piece. A single piece had too much give when used as a flapper. A few 1 1/4 inch deck screws screwed in from the face of the flapper (through both pieces) worked great to hold the pieces together.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Integy Corner Markers:

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...146&p_catid=16

We duct tape them down.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
For flappers, at the Carpet Nats this year, we used 1/2 in thick vinyl moldings from Home Depot. They were about 8 inches wide, so we ripped them lengthwise in half (producing two 4 inch wide, 1/2 inch thick pieces). We then doubled them up to make a 1 inch thick piece. A single piece had too much give when used as a flapper. A few 1 1/4 inch deck screws screwed in from the face of the flapper (through both pieces) worked great to hold the pieces together.
I like the sound of it but I don't know exactly what type of molding you are talking about. What is it's "normal" usage so I know where to look in Home Depot.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by HB Moose
I like the sound of it but I don't know exactly what type of molding you are talking about. What is it's "normal" usage so I know where to look in Home Depot.
Go to the building material area and ask for vinyl molding. Not sure what every Home Depot carries. You can go to their web site and search for "vinyl molding". I think we used the 1x8x12' white vinyl trim plank. We ripped it length wise into 1x4x12' strips, then doubled it up so that it wasn't so floppy. It's worth a trip there to see what they have.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I like the flapper idea, but how did you attach it to the track ends?

-rocky b
Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by flatspunout
I like the flapper idea, but how did you attach it to the track ends?

-rocky b
At the Carpet Nats, the boards were 2x4s, so we just used deck screws. With Click Track, I suppose you could do the same, but it would require inserting some pieces of wood into the tubing to act as a "backer" to screw into.