R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-09-2004, 09:07 PM   #76
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default hpi pro 4

What is your take on this one...I just started running pro4 at my local track on carpet with foams and I am getting it sorted...I would like to stiffen the car...I was thinking a thicker top deck would go along way rather than thicker main chassis and also keep the weight down on the car. The car is stiff front to back but does have some flex side to side.

Are you planning on making any pro 4 parts.

FYI the car has been responsive to changes so far and it has huge potential.
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:51 AM   #77
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

senna555-Well thats hard to answer at this point. I am working on getting some Pro4 chassis and top decks designed-but I might not be the one selling them directly. But I might distribute them if theres enough demand.

The problem with stiffer top decks on cars without bulkheads is it does stiffen up the car, but not to the extent as say on a Barracuda, Assasin or Xray. YOur best bet on a Pro4, TC3, Yokomo, etc. is to combine a top deck and chassis. You get the biggest improvement like that.

rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote