Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Yes Team Powers!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Yes Team Powers!
Thanks for that , I ordered a set.
They seem one of the cheaper sets tyres as well , (apart from sweep: gaaarh)
No m-chassis tyres except tamiya available locally, so I have to buy from ebay or HK shops online, that limits what I can actually get.

The build continues...
Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Try some Solaris hard premounts. I think they are available in Australia through TOP Racing AU.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Xray 34t diffs fit the car. Should be '07 '08 T2 parts.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
Xray 34t diffs fit the car. Should be '07 '08 T2 parts.
the 07 & 08 diffs are not the same, completely different parts, different pulley spacing. So it must be one or the other that fits .
I'll try a test fit with my spare 08 diff tonight, its looking like it wont work, pulley too far over. Pitty as I have a few spare 08 diffs & spools.

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
Try some Solaris hard premounts.
Can I get these online anywhere ?? Nothing really available in NZ

Cheers
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1101
the 07 & 08 diffs are not the same, completely different parts, different pulley spacing. So it must be one or the other that fits .
I'll try a test fit with my spare 08 diff tonight, its looking like it wont work, pulley too far over. Pitty as I have a few spare 08 diffs & spools.

Can I get these online anywhere ?? Nothing really available in NZ

Cheers
If nothings available in NZ! Get out! Just kidding. I saw one guy using a xray gear diff in his atomic last year. I will ask him which one. I thought it was the multi diff one and smaller gears I think it was a 34 tooth. I will ask Im not sure.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Tech Addict

The build continues...almost finished.

3 issues:
The front bulkhead has a pre-stripped thread, or rather the thread isnt there. Its like the 1st 3/4 has been drilled too big leaving a tiny bit of thread right at the bottom. Just enough of a thread to catch the screw, it will fail so I'll have to order another bulkhead. No biggie.
The belt runs far too close to the steering post, it'll rub for sure
The middle pullies, nothing to hold them in tight, they will rub on the carbon things that holds it down. Just the way it is I guess.

The whole pully/belt/diff assembly certainly isnt particularly free, but wont matter too much with the motor I'll stick in this thing.

The yellow lipo kit rims look awefull & cheap, honestly, why bother even including them??
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

The build continues...almost finished.

3 issues:
The front bulkhead has a pre-stripped thread, or rather the thread isnt there. Its like the 1st 3/4 has been drilled too big leaving a tiny bit of thread right at the bottom. Just enough of a thread to catch the screw, it will fail so I'll have to order another bulkhead. No biggie.
The belt runs far too close to the steering post, it'll rub for sure
The middle pullies, nothing to hold them in tight, they will rub on the carbon things that holds it down. Just the way it is I guess.

The whole pully/belt/diff assembly certainly isnt particularly free, but wont matter too much with the motor I'll stick in this thing.

The yellow lipo kit rims look awefull & cheap, honestly, why bother even including them??
Didnt see the guy yesturday who used to run the xray gear diff. I had the same issue with one of my screws not grabbing in the bulkhead. The thread was there, just a little deeper! Try a longer screw. Make sure the steering assimbly is adjusted all the way up so the belt doesnt rub. Looking at my car the plastic servo holder closest to the belt was rubbing so I grinded it down a bit on one side. The Atomic aluminum ones dont rub. Make sure that the belts are free. You dont want them to tight!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Cant wait for the season to start! When practicing yesterday the car felt good! I hadnt done anything to it for about 4 months. Not touching the shocks nothing. The only thing that was happening was the car was pulling to one side on throttle. Tonight I set it up on some ballancing buttons and found it was way of ballance! Added some more weight to battery side and we will see if that helps even it out.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys.
With the REAR upper arm, should it be connected to the inner or outer link/hole in the hub carrier?
The manual differs from the setup sheet posted up in this forum

Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Im running inner!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Hi guys. I took the new VM2 out for a test run yesterday.
There was far to much vibraition when I spin up the car on the bench ,& alot of slop on the axle/bearings,probable cause of vibrations. I'll try new bearings & see if that helps. Has anyone else had vibration issues with a new Lipo VM2 ??

Tyres: First I tried the recommended Team Powers 36's : unbelievable grip, on tarmac. Cheap & great grip.
I then tried the new Ride size 60 Low profile Tyres, 36 on front, 32 on the rear, as per photo below.
The car drove/handled alot better with the Rides. They seem a much better tyre. Cost a bit more though. Ride made the rim taller & the actual rubber less high, to give less roll of the actual tyre. A true low profile tyre, especially compared to the Powers tyre.

The big issue I had now is the front is bouncing around the fast sweeper. Is that from too much front grip?? Should I try some harder springs on the front ?? Or 40's on the front ? Front sway bars?
The Car sometimes veered widely off course on the straight on full power, I'll swap out the servo & see it that helps. It may be too much acceleration for such a little car?
Kit springs were far to short for the shocks as well :-(

Yep, wiring is a bit messy, it was a rush finish so I could get to the track for the 1st test run
Ezrun 9T unsensored motor, I have a few of these spare thats why I used it. Fast, v.cheap & bulletproof motor that can run on a cheap 35A esc.

Last edited by 1101; 02-24-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

may be better if you centre your battery and balance your car.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys. I took the new VM2 out for a test run yesterday.
There was far to much vibraition when I spin up the car on the bench ,& alot of slop on the axle/bearings,probable cause of vibrations. I'll try new bearings & see if that helps. Has anyone else had vibration issues with a new Lipo VM2 ??

Tyres: First I tried the recommended Team Powers 36's : unbelievable grip, on tarmac. Cheap & great grip.
I then tried the new Ride size 60 Low profile Tyres, 36 on front, 32 on the rear, as per photo below.
The car drove/handled alot better with the Rides. They seem a much better tyre. Cost a bit more though. Ride made the rim taller & the actual rubber less high, to give less roll of the actual tyre. A true low profile tyre, especially compared to the Powers tyre.

The big issue I had now is the front is bouncing around the fast sweeper. Is that from too much front grip?? Should I try some harder springs on the front ?? Or 40's on the front ? Front sway bars?
The Car sometimes veered widely off course on the straight on full power, I'll swap out the servo & see it that helps. It may be too much acceleration for such a little car?
Kit springs were far to short for the shocks as well :-(

Yep, wiring is a bit messy, it was a rush finish so I could get to the track for the 1st test run
Ezrun 9T unsensored motor, I have a few of these spare thats why I used it. Fast, v.cheap & bulletproof motor that can run on a cheap 35A esc.
Yes to sway bars. Stiff in front and soft in rear. That will calm car down. Full size 2s batterys are best. It helps even out weight from side to side. Ballancing buttons, the best 12dollars ever spent. You can also shorten up the rats nest of wires!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

VM II's are ok, but what about a full custom built Tamiya 416 MWB Mini?
Check it out here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.