R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #121
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
haha - are you going to be at the birds? let's see what the upcoming Birds class structure is and then we will find u a car. Atomic appears to be out of stock overseas right now.
you actually need to ask if i'm gonna be there? the hotel is 40 miles from my house...BTW can I crash in your room lmao
Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #122
Tech Apprentice

Default Atomic VM-II article from Hong Kong

Attached are pages of most recently published article about VM-II from Hong Kong. I will provide the translation in PDF subsequently. The Forum rejected the PDF due to size limit; I need to break it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis-atomic-vm-ii-6-.jpg   Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis-atomic-vm-ii-6-2.jpg   Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis-atomic-vm-ii-6-3.jpg   Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis-atomic-vm-ii-6-4.jpg  
Atomic-USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #123
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Spec-R is the company that makes a high quality CV universal for the VM-II. According to the video it minimizes vibration for the inner wheel especially during extreme turning angle:

Also for VM-II

http://www.spec-r.com/specr/

VIDEO

And...The translation for the Atomic VM II article is here: CLICK for PDF

Last edited by Dealer Xing; 12-11-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Dealer Xing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #124
Tech Master

Hello racers! We are excited to be hosting the 'Invitational M-class expo' presented by Atomic at the upcoming Snowbird Nationals. Check out the race flyer with all the great details and prizes for racers:
http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/sno...AtomicExpo.jpg

www.snowbirdnationals.com

Already have our 1st driver entered! Have fun!
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #125
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default Servo

What type of servo is required for this car? It looks like a low profile standard servo but I can't tell for sure. Will 1/12th servos work?
tcdrvr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #126
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrvr2 View Post
What type of servo is required for this car? It looks like a low profile standard servo but I can't tell for sure. Will 1/12th servos work?
you can use any standard servo. low profile is always good for needed extra space to lay your esc and reciever. After all the electronics/battery a 1/12 servo might not handle all the force from high speed turning.
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #127
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default Tires and spares

I've ordered my VM-II but need some advice on tires and inserts for carpet racing. I was thinking the Atomic 32's with the medium insert as that would be closest to Jaco Blues I think but any adviece would be appreciated. Also I've ordered Arms, C-Hubs, knuckles, sway bars and a spur, anything else that I should get going into a race?
tcdrvr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #128
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

These cars look like a ton of fun. I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone that actually had one could answer.

1.) what size and pitch spur gear does the kit use?
2.) What is a good pinion to start with, with the 13.5 brushless motor
3.) best tires for carpet?

To anyone that actually knows, THANK YOU.
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #129
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu View Post
These cars look like a ton of fun. I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone that actually had one could answer.

1.) what size and pitch spur gear does the kit use?
2.) What is a good pinion to start with, with the 13.5 brushless motor
3.) best tires for carpet?

To anyone that actually knows, THANK YOU.
1. it is a 64p 100t 1.7final drive
2. http://www.comeseethis.com/gearing/gearing.htm
3. I always use soft w/medium foam inside
Old 12-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #130
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrvr2 View Post
I've ordered my VM-II but need some advice on tires and inserts for carpet racing. I was thinking the Atomic 32's with the medium insert as that would be closest to Jaco Blues I think but any adviece would be appreciated. Also I've ordered Arms, C-Hubs, knuckles, sway bars and a spur, anything else that I should get going into a race?
i would buy the ball diff for the front! If you are using lipo I strongly recommend softer springs. I am using tamiya mini shocks and ball diff frt/bck
Attached Thumbnails
Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis-dscn0634.jpg  
Old 12-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdognobun View Post
1. it is a 64p 100t 1.7final drive
2. http://www.comeseethis.com/gearing/gearing.htm
3. I always use soft w/medium foam inside
Thank you very much.
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #132
Tech Master

Should be good racing at the 'birds! Still openings for the M-class!! Killer prizes for the racers in it...

www.snowbirdnationals.com
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #133
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default atomic

The stock rear diff is steel and is heavy. The xray t2 ball diffs fit into the vm2. Although new they are expensive, if you find them used for about $25-$30, they are better than the stock diffs. The xray 34t composite spool also fits the vm2. From my experience, it has a lot less outdrive wobble than the stock spool.

The vm2 shocks are copies of the trf shocks but are not anywhere near as smooth. I used tamiya teflon pistons and bladders in the vm2 shocks and they are better, but still not as good as the trf shocks.

Atomic also makes a lipo battery box for the xray t2 series that fits into the vm2 (you don't use the plastic end pieces.) Makes putting batteries in much easier and it protects the battery.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #134
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjacobs View Post
The stock rear diff is steel and is heavy. The xray t2 ball diffs fit into the vm2. Although new they are expensive, if you find them used for about $25-$30, they are better than the stock diffs. The xray 34t composite spool also fits the vm2. From my experience, it has a lot less outdrive wobble than the stock spool.

The vm2 shocks are copies of the trf shocks but are not anywhere near as smooth. I used tamiya teflon pistons and bladders in the vm2 shocks and they are better, but still not as good as the trf shocks.

Atomic also makes a lipo battery box for the xray t2 series that fits into the vm2 (you don't use the plastic end pieces.) Makes putting batteries in much easier and it protects the battery.
You are my hero! That is the tips of the year for me! Thx x2.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #135
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjacobs View Post

hello again my hero! lol. Nexusracing.com sells xray parts so I'm gonna try the T2 set up BUT is there anything I need to know cause Xray has several Different T2's (t2,t2r,t2007,t2008,t2009) would any do? Thx again