R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #61
Tech Apprentice
 
M7King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
hkshobby.com is in Socal.They sell the car and have the parts listed on his site.
Thanks for the info Racenut123!. I knew that website looked familiar. It is actually the same place i ordered all my Mini-z stuff from. Looks like a very nicely designed car. Hmmmmm... interesting. Have you tried the Xray diffs? what is your setup on the car? Large track, High traction..

__________________
Chad C.
M7King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #62
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,508
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Until I get more tuning parts,which it looks he has them,I am running the stock setup.I will run Mid roll centers to start.You race at WCRC so gets some ABC tires and start there.Good luck.The kit is nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M7King View Post
Thanks for the info Racenut123!. I knew that website looked familiar. It is actually the same place i ordered all my Mini-z stuff from. Looks like a very nicely designed car. Hmmmmm... interesting. Have you tried the Xray diffs? what is your setup on the car? Large track, High traction..

__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #63
Tech Apprentice
 
M7King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Sounds good. Is there a Instruction manual pdf online somewhere? I'd really like to disect this car. I got the ABC Genetics running just about right..and looking to add to the collection. TIA



Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Until I get more tuning parts,which it looks he has them,I am running the stock setup.I will run Mid roll centers to start.You race at WCRC so gets some ABC tires and start there.Good luck.The kit is nice!
__________________
Chad C.
M7King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #64
Tech Elite
 
strodedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 2,573
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

where do they sell bodies for these things? and do the xray diffs work?
__________________
Team Whiteknuckle-JM
TLR 5B-e 8s Hitec/JX/HW/Poseidon RC/SMC
Roche P10W 235 Hitec/JX/SMC/SMC/SMC

GRP/Dynamite/Grafil/Punched RC/RC Monster/Protoform
strodedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #65
Tech Apprentice
 
M7King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by strodedawg View Post
where do they sell bodies for these things? and do the xray diffs work?
I've seen some people use the ABCHobby bodies. Available at www.abchobbyusa.com
__________________
Chad C.
M7King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #66
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSRC View Post
You can try to contact the following dealers.
Nor Cal Hobbies norcal-hobbies.com
Insideline Racing insidelineracing.com
Fastpacer Racing fastpaceracing.com
HobbyTown USA 638 Blossom Hill Rd. San Jose, California 95123
no speedtechrc.com?
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #67
Tech Apprentice
 
M7King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSRC View Post
You can try to contact the following dealers.
Nor Cal Hobbies norcal-hobbies.com
Insideline Racing insidelineracing.com
Fastpacer Racing fastpaceracing.com
HobbyTown USA 638 Blossom Hill Rd. San Jose, California 95123

Thanks for the Headsup! You are prolly closer to me than any of the shops listed above. It was great talking to you today Alan. Great information on this new design. Hopefully you make it out to WCRC on Monday Nights when you get a chance. I look foward to seeing this car in person or possibly buying one myself.
__________________
Chad C.
M7King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #68
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7King View Post
Thanks for the Headsup! You are prolly closer to me than any of the shops listed above. It was great talking to you today Alan. Great information on this new design. Hopefully you make it out to WCRC on Monday Nights when you get a chance. I look foward to seeing this car in person or possibly buying one myself.
Nice to talk with you too. Can I have more info about the WCRC on Monday? I am very interested in it. Thanks.
HKS Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:40 AM   #69
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Twotan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7King View Post
Thanks for the Headsup! You are prolly closer to me than any of the shops listed above. It was great talking to you today Alan. Great information on this new design. Hopefully you make it out to WCRC on Monday Nights when you get a chance. I look foward to seeing this car in person or possibly buying one myself.
So when you buying one?
__________________
www.monarch-wheels.com
Magic Film's automotive car protection. Deals on the first 15 people.
Twotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #70
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,508
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Car just won the Top Gun Challenge in Norcal this last weekend.It was pretty darn fast and in practice was as fast as alot of the 17.5 sedans with a silver can!
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #71
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Car just won the Top Gun Challenge in Norcal this last weekend.It was pretty darn fast and in practice was as fast as alot of the 17.5 sedans with a silver can!

Oh boy I see head swellage coming.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #72
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Are these going throught the regular distributors or do we need to order from RCmarket? Can I have my LHS order me one?
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #73
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 209
Default

I got mine from www.hkshobby.com, they are local to me in Socal.
afung1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #74
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,508
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Wasnt me.It was Leo Zhao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
Oh boy I see head swellage coming.
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #75
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Wasnt me.It was Leo Zhao.
Oh my apologies...and I was going to call you a cheater like in someone did in F1 so you would sell me your car.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9064 06-14-2017 12:46 PM
M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01 evanwest94 Electric On-Road 99 11-10-2013 01:18 AM
Electric on road dameetz Brunei R/C Racers 195 05-13-2011 07:42 PM
1/12 Touring Cars TommyBlazin Electric On-Road 20 05-07-2009 10:00 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net