Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya

The green cars will get special turn marshalling from me this Sunday.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by linkless
Wow, I bought my VM2 a couple of months ago and have run it dozens of times now with the only issue being a screw backing out of one of the steering knuckles. The chassis was perfectly flat after building and it had the correct wheels. My only true complaint was the shock orings were very sticky. Two works ok and got better over time but two weren't able to be used at all. Swapped them out for something I had in my box and everything worked out fine. Using Sweep mini tires all around and a touring car body, my VM-2 is within a couple of tenths of the fastest 10th touring cars on a low bite carpet track. I keep asking but they won't let me race it with them yet so i'm stuck running my S411 in the races.
I bought mine when the lipo version first came out. I think that was my problem.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
@ I)arkness & defMondo

Thx for the links! I'll have to see if he ships overseas.

The best part of the build so far was putting the vmii away and finding Tony Gray's FB page from Berzerk RC. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Thank you Mr. Gray for relieving me of my vmii frustrations for a day!

yeah Paul (Berzerk rc) does ship chassis overseas, his little chassis mods have taken off with great success. Even making some chassis for some top modified drivers, from what ive heard.

im sure everyone gets a laugh when TFG posts stuff online, one of his weekly things to keep update with is whats in his fridge segment
Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I bought mine when the lipo version first came out. I think that was my problem.
I think the only problem I had was when I was going so fast and passing everyone I would blow up bearings in the green machine! Also making room on the mantel for all my trophies!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

The best part of the build so far was putting the vmii away and finding Tony Gray's FB page from Berzerk RC. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Thank you Mr. Gray for relieving me of my vmii frustrations for a day!
Hey, it's what I do....
Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Ok, loosened up bulkhead screws, retightened top deck, still a tad bit of tweak but better. Opened up the holes ever so slightly on the upper deck screws and filed away on the top on bottom edges of the deck, and now no more tweak. Never had to do this sort of hand fitting on my previous VM2's.

Anyways, time to put in the finishing touches and paint the body.

Tony, your FB page rocks! Wished mini racing here was as big as it is over there.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by I)arkness
yeah Paul (Berzerk rc) does ship chassis overseas, his little chassis mods have taken off with great success. Even making some chassis for some top modified drivers, from what ive heard.

im sure everyone gets a laugh when TFG posts stuff online, one of his weekly things to keep update with is whats in his fridge segment
Good to know he will ship. There's more than one person that's looking for the chassis.

Haha the What's in the frig segment is funny and interesting.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

I think the only problem I had was when I was going so fast and passing everyone I would blow up bearings in the green machine! Also making room on the mantel for all my trophies!
It's ok Josh. You will notice all your wins were with me not running.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony gray
Hey, it's what I do....
How was the blue chicken?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan
Ok, loosened up bulkhead screws, retightened top deck, still a tad bit of tweak but better. Opened up the holes ever so slightly on the upper deck screws and filed away on the top on bottom edges of the deck, and now no more tweak. Never had to do this sort of hand fitting on my previous VM2's.

Tony, your FB page rocks! Wished mini racing here was as big as it is over there.
I guess my suggestion worked. Good to know I might have to do the same. Lol
Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Blue chicken is an acquired taste, and I havent acquired it....
Old 05-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan

I do remember having to grind off the end of the toplate cause it was putting a bend in chassis. Also one of the threads in bulkhead seemed to be not there until I installed a longer screw.
It's ok Josh. You will notice all your wins were with me not running.
!!!! Get ready for Hugo!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

I do remember having to grind off the end of the toplate cause it was putting a bend in chassis. Also one of the threads in bulkhead seemed to be not there until I installed a longer screw.

!!!! Get ready for Hugo!
No need to I'm just Josh-n-ya.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony gray
Blue chicken is an acquired taste, and I havent acquired it....
Don't want to clog up this thread so last OT post. Been losing weight?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Oh yes, and the best spec is they got rid of all their QC inspectors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.