R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #481
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,389
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...ilter_name=cso

Its a CSO Racing servo mount. Mostly any mount will work. You'll have to drill and countersink another hole on the chassis. I also cut off the little nub on the side of the chassis too.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #482
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,164
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...ilter_name=cso

Its a CSO Racing servo mount. Mostly any mount will work. You'll have to drill and countersink another hole on the chassis. I also cut off the little nub on the side of the chassis too.
Thats where that other cso mount went! Looks good Dan!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #483
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,389
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

So I can expect to see an orange one on your car by the next race.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #484
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
So I can expect to see an orange one on your car by the next race.
The Orange one was suppose to go in my car.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #485
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,389
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Blah, removed 50% of the slop with new hub bearings and Tamiya 4.8mm ball connectors but still very sloppy, especially up front. The C-hub lower hinge pin hole is too big. Can change the caster a few degrees just by moving it around a little.

Wished someone made a high quality 4WD mini. Got to bug Cam at the next race and see if TOP mini suspension parts will work.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #486
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Try Xray parts?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #487
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

has anyone run the belt on the opposite side (diffs flipped over) like on the xray t4?

only reason i ask, was i had clearance issues with my servo hitting the larger belt
__________________
B.Portelli
Hyper RC - RAB Hobbies - Wild Turbo Fans
Race Opt - Team Powers
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #488
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
has anyone run the belt on the opposite side (diffs flipped over) like on the xray t4?

only reason i ask, was i had clearance issues with my servo hitting the larger belt
Brad I haven't run it that way. It looks like it will will clear the battery. I guess it was set up like this because originally the car had a rear diff and something to do with the diff screw loosening (my assumption).

Is the front belt rubbing on the inner mounting tab on the servo?

Last edited by Sydewynder; 05-12-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #489
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,389
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I think most people are running the longer belt along the battery side. I do it for bit more room on electronics side to stuff my wiring neatly.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #490
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

yeah there was no way the belt was going to fit, and i used a different servo mount which made it worse, as the kit plastic ones didnt even want to tighten up due to the two screws hitting each other.

i must agree not the best kit as in terms of build quality, i even got the wrong half of the gear diff, one side 38 the other 34, and a few screws missing. luckily i got it from a LHS so will get replaced.
__________________
B.Portelli
Hyper RC - RAB Hobbies - Wild Turbo Fans
Race Opt - Team Powers
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #491
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,164
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
yeah there was no way the belt was going to fit, and i used a different servo mount which made it worse, as the kit plastic ones didnt even want to tighten up due to the two screws hitting each other.

i must agree not the best kit as in terms of build quality, i even got the wrong half of the gear diff, one side 38 the other 34, and a few screws missing. luckily i got it from a LHS so will get replaced.
Funny things about this kit and the things you have to do to get rolling! But once you do its pretty cool car. I moved the belt as like my xray to see what would happen for handling but pretty much the same results. I do know that the aluminum servo holders clear the belt for some reason though. I wish Xray made one of these cause the quality would be better than this!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #492
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

yeah funny you mention that, as i was starting to pull bits off my old t2 008 as its a direct swap over on some parts
__________________
B.Portelli
Hyper RC - RAB Hobbies - Wild Turbo Fans
Race Opt - Team Powers
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #493
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Funny things about this kit and the things you have to do to get rolling! But once you do its pretty cool car. I moved the belt as like my xray to see what would happen for handling but pretty much the same results. I do know that the aluminum servo holders clear the belt for some reason though. I wish Xray made one of these cause the quality would be better than this!
Josh Xray made a mini years ago, T1M. I died along with the Corally mini Assassin and the Yokomo MR4 TC mini.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #494
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
yeah there was no way the belt was going to fit, and i used a different servo mount which made it worse, as the kit plastic ones didnt even want to tighten up due to the two screws hitting each other.

i must agree not the best kit as in terms of build quality, i even got the wrong half of the gear diff, one side 38 the other 34, and a few screws missing. luckily i got it from a LHS so will get replaced.
The original kit didn't have screws hitting problem. Atomic forgot about the thinner chassis in the Lipo version....
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #495
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

You guys realize by flipping the front belt, the hole pattern in the spool are now spinning the wrong way.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9064 06-14-2017 12:46 PM
M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01 evanwest94 Electric On-Road 99 11-10-2013 01:18 AM
Electric on road dameetz Brunei R/C Racers 195 05-13-2011 07:42 PM
1/12 Touring Cars TommyBlazin Electric On-Road 20 05-07-2009 10:00 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net