Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1s Lipo Battery Options??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought Steve Pond wrote that article... but my memory is getting fuzzy that far back (damn am I old?)...
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Hello Conrad....or should I say Steve Pond? Did you move again? I doubt I can reproduce the article as if memory serves me correctly, it was done sometime in the early 90's. If you have results that differ, we'd be interested to hear.
I've kept most of my mag's. I kind of remember that article as well; I'll see if I have it.
E
Old 08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HURRY UP GAVIN.... Some of us are not happy with the options available today. I always found it strange that early on SMC developed the 1s brick pack and not a 1s saddle pack? I understand a cost benefit to a brick pack but IMO a saddle pack design would have satisfied both spring and t-bar chassis.

If they started with a 1s saddle pack design to be used in a spring chassis the two packs could have been mounted close together with a short jumper wire?

In any event I hope Gavin gets the design to the market soon and ROAR has the packs available for approval.
Carl, it's coming. Just had to make some minor adjustments. Put us back a little bit but will have some dates by Friday.

Originally Posted by wingracer
I agree with you but Danny says it's not about the cost. It's the extra resistance of the extra wire/connectors. I say screw it and make them any way but that was his reasoning.
Think of it this way, one tap or one hit in an 8 mintue race throws away any "advantage"(if any) in resistance. There are so many ways to look at this...but that sums up my reasoning.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Good thread...
Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado
Carl, it's coming. Just had to make some minor adjustments. Put us back a little bit but will have some dates by Friday.
Looking forward to the release of a 1s saddle pack. I have a nicely prepared CEFX Phoenix ready and waiting.

Please send me a note when you have them available. I'll post photos of the pack in the chassis.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello Conrad....or should I say Steve Pond? Did you move again? I doubt I can reproduce the article as if memory serves me correctly, it was done sometime in the early 90's. If you have results that differ, we'd be interested to hear.
Duh? lol

I didnt expect you to remember the article of the top of your head word for word. You obviously remembered a part of it so i was wondered if there was any other parts you remembered, diff types of connectors, wire gauge etc...
Old 08-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

how small are you guys trying to make a 1s pack (Saddle)?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default WGT with 1S Lipo

Currently, my CRC WGT car is setup with 1S using the Novak Booster board. The car is very good; but, I do note a lot less power towards the end of a 5-6 minute run.

Want the car to be optimal for the IIC next month. Should I try a receiver pack?

Thanks.

Bill
Old 08-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would say yes.I've been using a reciever pack on my set-up since the single cell came out.Or maybe one of the newer 4900 packs. I've notice no difference in power at the end of the race, I also have a voltage regulator from much more. The Novak booster was not out when I started this.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Some of the oval guys are thinking of not using the booster at all. We've found that the battery is coming off the track with about 3.8 volts still in it... but that's 4 minute oval racing. 5-6 minute WGT probably drains the battery more and would cause some erratic operation at the end of the run... Worth a test if you've got the time.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

this from REDRC.NET

"Speedzone have sent us a CAD image of their upcoming 1 cell LiPo saddle pack, ideal for 1/12 scale T-bar cars. Even though link cars are growing in popularity, many 1/12 scale racers still prefer the t-bar design so Speedzone wanted to offer a LiPo option for those with t-bar cars. Rather than shifting around electronics and rebalancing the car to fit a standard lipo, a lipo saddle pack offers up a perfect solution. Specs will be 3.7v, 4600mAh rated at 40C and a max charge rate of 5C. The pack will feature in-built bullet connectors and general availability is set for late September."
Old 08-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Currently, my CRC WGT car is setup with 1S using the Novak Booster board. The car is very good; but, I do note a lot less power towards the end of a 5-6 minute run.

Want the car to be optimal for the IIC next month. Should I try a receiver pack?

Thanks.

Bill
We we're running 1s lipo's on Sunday against 4cell cars in GT10, THe 4cell guys were running as is and the 1s guys were all using Novak booster's

There was no difference between the 4cell laptimes and the 1s (other than driver skill). After 5 mins I was only taking 1700mAh at most on each run...from a 5000 pack.

Measuring the lipo, which is still in the car after it's last 5 min final, it has 3.96V, the other reads 3.97, again, after 1 final.

This is using two Thunder Power 5000 40C 1s packs
Old 08-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Skiddins, what motor and what rollout?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

should of posted a link Carl I had to dig for it here

http://www.redrc.net/2009/08/speedzo...o-saddle-pack/

come on gavin
Old 08-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
should of posted a link Carl I had to dig for it here

http://www.redrc.net/2009/08/speedzo...o-saddle-pack/

come on gavin

Yes come on Gavin...we need details...I'll take 2x. What size bullet plugs are you expecting it use in the final product? 3.5mm or 4mm? Will the bottom of the packs be flat or curved to fit within exisiting cell slots.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.