Wiki Posts
Search

Which is the best 1/10 Pan Car of the moment

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default Which is the best 1/10 Pan Car of the moment

Title says it all,

From what i have read i think the CRC Gen X is the top choice.

Am i right? or would you guys go for something else.

Thanks as always
Old 06-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

There really is no "Best". There are a lot of great choices, any of which will do very well for you. My personal favorite is the BMI DB10R, but the GenX 10 is great too. What you should do is look around locally and see which cars are supported as that will make it easier to find parts for. But if you don't mind mail ordering then go with whichever design you like best.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I were you ill go for the one you could get parts for localy.

Waiting for replacement parts sometimes sux always?

Every car that is manifactured good is the best. Just depends of you could drive it well =]
Old 06-04-2009, 10:01 AM
wwoodruff

The one that beat you in the last race

Old 06-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I'm considering a 1/10 pan as well. I like the BMI and CRC, but I think I am going to end up with the rc10r5 just because of parts.

--pakk
Old 06-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

SpeedMerchant Pro-10.

The SpeedMerchant front-end is virtually indestructible, which means you can almost always finish your race. The hubs are IRS parts, and the axle and bearings are standard stuff throughout. In the 9-months I've had mine, the only parts I've ever had to replace are the axle bearings and diff thrust bearing a few times for less than $10.00 in maintenance, $1.00 per bearing.

While I think the Associated, CRC, and BMI are fine cars, how mad are you going to be if you lost the best race of your life because of a $5.00 plastic part in the front-end?

Best to me is finishing every race w/o breaking, which could easily mean the difference between 1st place or 10th place.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kn7671
SpeedMerchant Pro-10.

The SpeedMerchant front-end is virtually indestructible, which means you can almost always finish your race. The hubs are IRS parts, and the axle and bearings are standard stuff throughout. In the 9-months I've had mine, the only parts I've ever had to replace are the axle bearings and diff thrust bearing a few times for less than $10.00 in maintenance, $1.00 per bearing.

While I think the Associated, CRC, and BMI are fine cars, how mad are you going to be if you lost the best race of your life because of a $5.00 plastic part in the front-end?

Best to me is finishing every race w/o breaking, which could easily mean the difference between 1st place or 10th place.

Your talking about pancars in general here. Low maintenance is not specific for the speedmerchant.

I never broke an A-arm and i made some serious crashes in modified. I have seen an A-arm break in stock 10.5t though. On the other hand the turnbuckles could get bend or missaligned in a crash. ( ok you could drive on but it will not be the best laptimes anymore)

Like it is already been said by inspectagadget the best pancar is the one with the best driver :-) The one that you feel most comfertable with or wich you like best in design or stick lipo /saddlepack design etc.

In Pro10 drivers can win with all brands and with home made chassis as well. There is no best car.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Everything listed above can win, go with what you like.

I like the GenX10.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Personally, I like the Team Darkside I Force, the 4 or 6 cell battery option it what did it for me. You can run 4 cell Nimh or their is enough room for a 2s lipo. Since switching from an older Associated 10l, it has made a world of difference for a so so driver like myself. I have also herd good things about the others listed here. It's going to depend on driver and set up.
I went from a c main guy to an a main driver with some good set up help since getting the Darkside car.

Last edited by KnR-Racing; 06-04-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Master