Search

Orion 3800 Lipo Balance Plug

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Orion 3800 Lipo Balance Plug

Hey,

I have a quick question.... I just got one of these batteries, its the CF hard case pack 30C, and it has a small hole for the balance wire. Im new to the whole lipo thing. I dont know where i can find an adapter for my charger w/ built in balancer. I need a JST plug. Ive googled it with no luck. Does anyone know where i can find one?

Also, the packaging says you dont have to balance this pack after "their tests." Any opinions on this?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Twism86
Hey,

I have a quick question.... I just got one of these batteries, its the CF hard case pack 30C, and it has a small hole for the balance wire. Im new to the whole lipo thing. I dont know where i can find an adapter for my charger w/ built in balancer. I need a JST plug. Ive googled it with no luck. Does anyone know where i can find one?

Also, the packaging says you dont have to balance this pack after "their tests." Any opinions on this?

Thanks,
Tom
I think that balancing is compleatlly over rated. It's just 2 cells. 3-4-6 cell I undrestand but 2 just seems like something else to buy. I've been running these packs for about 1 year every weekend and I have had no problems. Just run it. If you want Orion sells an equalizer if you really want one.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey,

Thanks,
Tom
Assuming JST-XH, you can use any of these three:
TrakPower Balance/Charge Lead
Protek Balance/Charge Lead
Protek Balance/Charge Adapter with Deans
Old 06-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just buy a 2s balance lead. It will come with 3 wires, black to black and red to red on your banana plugs going into the battery. The blue wire will be soldered to a 2mm banana plug for balance port.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks guys! I too have wondered how much you really need to balance a 2 cell, but i figure it cant hurt.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey,

Thanks,
Tom
Hi Tom,

We sell the adapter with a Dean's plug attached.

Cheers,
Jeff