Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quantum Comp. 2,Up in Smoke!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Quantum Comp. 2,Up in Smoke!

Has anyone had any problems with there QC2 speed controls? I was the first at the track to get one, so all the racers were watching me hook it up today, to see how it ran. After we had it soldered up, we hooked the battery up and the switch was off. We were reading the directions about the punch control, when the motor just started running after about 10 seconds with the switch still off, and then it went up in smoke. Everything was wired right, and the car ran fine when I put the QC1 back in it, so something had to be wrong with it from the factory. I was just wondering if anyone else had any problems with them, because I am not sure if I want to get another one or not.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

Best thing to do would be to call LRP's customer service, or write them a letter and explain what happened and send them the speed control and hope the replace it. Its still under warranty since it seems you just hooked it up. No doubt it is flawwed from the factory unless you are 100% sure (which it seems like you are, and i am not questioning your work) that something was not hooked up right. I am not sure of LRP's customer service because i have never had a bad thing from them, or a problem occur with their equipment (knock on wood!!). Hope this helps.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default smoke

that usuallyhappens if you switched neg to positive tothe battery even if the switch is off.

Butif the polarity was correct then----time to try out LRP's LifeTime warranty.

Cause that happened to my quantum, when I made a mistake of switching, but they have a protection circuit inside so the esc should have not gotten busted.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

That is the same thing that happened to me when I hooked my battery up backwards.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys, it was hooked up right . I had about 50 witnesses because we were all excited to see how the new circuitry worked. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When you send it in, they'll know if you wired it backwards hehe. Not that it ever happened to me but lets say a friend of mine did something to a beta test unit for an esc compnay and cooked something and handed it back with a funny excuse and a silly grin and later on they handed him another one with the reason, a silly grin, and a 'don't do that again'
Old 12-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have had problems with my old lrp quantum competition also, I put it in my xxx4 and right in the middle of my qualifer up in smoke on the second run, and it was far from being over geared. Kind of pissed me off since I spent 150.00 on it two days before. I have since switched to novak gt7. Im not saying lrp doesnt make good stuff, I must have just gotten a bad one
Old 12-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Rookie

I also had a similar problem. I had the quantum competition(first version) and had my car outside my house. I drove it for a bit and all of a sudden I see my car start to smoke. I had to quickly pull off the shell and pins and unplug the speed control. Just before this happened my neighbour across the street happened to open his garage door. I think it may have been possible that it interfered with the speed control some how. Well, I contacted the guys at Lrp and since it's under warrenty I sent it to them. In a matter of a week or two they sent me a brand new one free of charge. They were very nice about it. So maybe you could try to send it in to them, because I'm sure they will give you a new one.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Blue is not always better...
Old 12-29-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

LRp has very good customer support. They will replace it with no problems. My LHS would have replaced it for me and dealt with LRP cuz he is such a nice guy .
Old 12-29-2003, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default warranty

what ifyou do not have a reciept? do they still replace it?
Old 12-29-2003, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: warranty

Originally posted by lem2
what ifyou do not have a reciept? do they still replace it?

yes.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Rookie

I sent a reciept with mine, but you could always ask them. I'm sure they will even if you don't have one.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

LRP?? Well I had a Quantum go bad after a few months of use.. Well, warranty for Quantum is 90 days against defects.. So you might re-read your warranty info. I sent I'm in it was not repairable? They replace it with a new one for 58.00.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

From what I've seen the First run of Quantums have always been the troblesome ones. When it comes to ESCs I do the same thing that I do with software. Never buy it when is first comes out. Wait and research. Then you can find out when the bugs have been fixed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.