Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Castle Electronics users- in here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Castle Electronics users- in here...

What are you guys using to keep the circuit board to stay inside the casing? I use my Mamba ESC for both my SC10 and TC3 and everytime I roll or hit a hard jump, the circuit board comes flying out of casing. I know some people say just put a zip tie around it, but I use velcro on the bottom so I can switch it in my cars easily. Im getting tired of this issue, I already sent a Sidewinder ESC back in for warranty for the same thing, but it quit working. Im thinking of sending this one back in because after todays race its really glitchy and goes into thermal shutdown at only 120*, however it has remnants of superglue I used in hopes of keeping it from splitting, so Im not sure if they will warranty it.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like you stripped the plastic holes that the screws thread into.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The Sidewinder just run electrical tape around the case or any decal will stop that problem. Been running them since the prototype and never had one come apart.

The Mamba Max just need to make sure the screws are in the case are tight and it shouldn't come apart. Yes the zip tie thing will help as well.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Well the screws got lost the first time the halves separated. I found some replacements, but they disappeared the second time the ESC split.. With the electrical tape, do you wrap it around the side of the ESC or go over the top? I dont want to do anything to hinder the cooling of the ESC
Old 05-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How are people breaking these cases?

Mine have had numerous crash landings (some from the 20 foot range) and are still working perfect, and haven't fallen apart...

If the screws disappeared, you might have to get a slightly larger screw, as you probably stripped the screw holes.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have the mamba max and I've had some problems.

First the switch fell off. Just like that...the wires came out the switch itself so I toss the flimsy thing all together. I cut the wires from the board and soldered it direct. No switch but there's no problems for me with that done.

Then when I crashed my basher TC the heat sink flew out the car at LightSpeed. (Ask me how I don't know ahaha)

So I had a fried novak laying around and took the heat sink from that. (Purple mamba max)

Then I had REALLY bad cogging(with stock settings) so I chopped off those silly ass connecters. Soldered it direct wire-to-wire...problem solved.

With these things fix nothing is wronge with my esc. Only thing now that could go wronge is it exploding and my whole car gets roasted(that would be cool and heart breaking to watch )
Old 05-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i have the sidewinder 5700kv, on a onroad car, and my gearing is set pretty low. ive been getting sum gigh temps(but under 200f).

have you guys made any custom air intakes for yours, and if so can you post a pic of it, so i can replicate 1.
i have a pretty flimsy cardboard intake atm,.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Not sure about other TC, but I run mine in a Factory Team TC3, which came with some really nice heat sinks. I have only thermaled it once before this mishap running a 6:1 FDR (30/72) on a 7700kV motor. After that I bumped it down to a 26t pinion and never had a problem. My body has no holes in it either..