Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Driver Hall of Fame

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would have to say anyone who has made the worlds should be on "the list"..especially if you made it more than once,and my friend Brent Wallace.(He Did Win the Reedy race twice.)and Chris that would put you on my list of top drivers.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ROBORAT
i'd go with masami as the all time greatest as well. any class he gets his hands into he is always a contender. and just the sheer number of world titles in practically every ep class out there is amazing! i believe he's getting more into nitro now. its interesting to see how far he can go with that class as well. i know he was impressive in this year's jmrca.

of cors there are tons of other great drivers out there but he's tops on my list.
never ever forget a great driver like Masami has great people behind him like Papa, Masaski.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by xxxkat
I would have to say anyone who has made the worlds should be on "the list"..especially if you made it more than once,and my friend Brent Wallace.(He Did Win the Reedy race twice.)and Chris that would put you on my list of top drivers.
thanks, I hope some day I can win a WC so I can make this hall of fame.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well Masami is the greatest electric driver I don't think anyone will argue. I think Pavidis has been the best in all forms of racing electric, gas, on-road or off-road. He has finished near the top in just about every form of racing.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default one of the best

hay chris even with out the WC your still one of the best.........................see you at the snowbirds

Dave
Old 12-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I guess I have a different view of what it would take to make a hall of fame.........maybe its the standard that national sports like baseball, football, etc have set.

Pretty much every driver mentioned in this thread is or has been one of the top drivers in the world at one time.....but hall of fames are supposed to be for the elite of the people involved in said sport or whatever. (keep in mind most sports include sportscasters, coachs, GMs, etc.....so people like Mike Reedy would have to be considered in my mind).

A great example is a player like Dale Murphy. Played a great career, hit a ton of HR, good avg, great defense and a great guy.....pretty much was always among the league leaders and was a regular all star.....he however, isn't gonna make the hall of fame any time soon.

Maybe RC is gonna set a new standard in what it takes to be in its hall of fame, should they ever choose to make one.....of course, with such loose standards of "whoever made the worlds", its gonna be one LARGE list.

Another thing to keep in mind, is A LOT of the newer drivers mentioned in this, are hardly near the end of their racing career....so still lots of room left for titles to be won. Maybe like baseball, gotta be retired for 5 years before you can be eligible to voted in.

End result, this was just an idea floated by someone for fun, but some have taken it personal, as I have gotten a few dirty emails from it....why, I dunno.

Later EddieO

Last edited by EddieO; 12-22-2003 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There sre alot of NFL, NBA, & baseball players in the Hall of fame who never got a ring. They were consistantly great. I don't think a guy takes who second at the worlds and never makes the A or B main again should make the hall of fame. You have to be consistant for years. I would rather put driver in the H.O.F. who has never won a worlds, but was always in striking distance.

These guys can't be debated

Kent Clausen, Cliff Lett, Mark Pavdis, Matt Francis, Brian Kinwald, David Splashett, masami, Richard Saxton, Chris Tosolini, Josh Cyrul, Barry Baker, Joel Johnson, Mark Swauger, Tony Nessinger, Mike Blackstock, Billy Easton, Greg Degani, Chris Doseck, Ralph Burch, Greg Hodapp, ...... I know I'm missing somebody great, but this the best I can do at 1am in the morning.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, a team sport makes it a little more difficult to get a ring no matter how great you are..........just ask Barry Bonds, easily one of the best players of all time......and still looking for a title to go with all his MVP awards. I think its better to judge players against their individual stats, like scoring titles, HR titles, MVP awards, etc...you will still find the occasional MVP who never made the hall of fame, but see if you can find a guy who won it twice and didn't make it in......I think there is ONE in baseball(not sure about the other sports)

With the exception of a few of th ebigger names, most of your drivers are all from the newer generation. No offense to some of them, but there were guys like them 10 years ago who won some national titles and were consistent a main finishers........do they get in to?

Like I said.....gonna be a HUGE hall of fame with standards so loose.

Later EddieO
Old 12-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Ophidian
Well Masami is the greatest electric driver I don't think anyone will argue. I think Pavidis has been the best in all forms of racing electric, gas, on-road or off-road. He has finished near the top in just about every form of racing.
I agree
Old 12-23-2003, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: one of the best

Originally posted by phatskeemz
hay chris even with out the WC your still one of the best.........................see you at the snowbirds

Dave
thanks Dave but dont know about sno birds because of the practice for the worlds in brasil
Old 12-24-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

3 that I would ass to Phatpat's list would be: David Jun, Paul Lemiex and Hara.

I got to see a shootout between Baker, Chris and Paul this past year and it was unreal! Was pulling for the yok of course...lol

Jeff
Old 12-29-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I already saw most of my picks mentioned, but you can't leave out Jon Orr!!! The guy is a mega wheel, and one of the nicest cats in R/C.