New On-Road Track in Virginia USA.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New On-Road Track in Virginia USA.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default New On-Road Track in Virginia USA.

I am a business owner who dreams about opening an On-Road Race Track in Northern Virginia. We have started looking at land but I'd like some feedback. Please send me some ideas on anything from location to designs for a track.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Prolly check out some tracks around the area..

301 Raceway Brandywine, MD
Jackson Raceway Jackson, NJ
Rosewood Raceway Goldsboro, NC Glennshobbycorner.com

Top 3 permanent tracks on east coast
Old 05-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

What NoVA counties are you looking for property in? Indoor or Outdoor track? Off-Road or On-Road? Have you conducted any demographic studies in the NoVA area yet to find the right location?
Old 05-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Build it and I will come.

However, there is one problem with building in North VA. Lots of competition. You have 301, The Track, that Hobbytown track (is that the one in Frederick?) and a few others all in the general area. Farther south (below Fredericksburg let's say) you have almost nothing.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for your input , at the present time the biggest obstacle is to find a suitable piece of land to Build the Track. Our plans are indoor and outdoor track. We are looking for at least a 3 acre lot with sewer availability .
Old 05-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I've thought of opening an on-road track. Minus land/lease/rent because it will vary on location by a large amount, what does it take/cost to build and maintain an on-road track.

I've though of looking for a warehouse where I could put an in-door carpet and hopefully have enough space outside to have an asphalt track.

sorry I think I just thread jacked.

--pakk
Old 05-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pakk
I've thought of opening an on-road track. Minus land/lease/rent because it will vary on location by a large amount, what does it take/cost to build and maintain an on-road track.

I've though of looking for a warehouse where I could put an in-door carpet and hopefully have enough space outside to have an asphalt track.

sorry I think I just thread jacked.

--pakk
That by all means is great that I am not the only one on this. I would like to contact "Chris Whitney" owner of 301 Raceway to find out more on requirements and permits needed to have a track.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A track in northern VA would be fantastic! There are plenty of hobby shops in the area and only one is prepared to hold races. So aside from hobbytown in Lakeridge r/c racing is dead in NOVA. Brown's hobby had a great faclity in Dumfries with on and off-road tracks on site. There are many warehouses in Chantilly that could be easily converted. I drive up to Frederick,Md to race and it's a wonderful track, but it's too far to put in practice time during the week. Indoor off-road would be great as well.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So where in Northern Virginia are you thinking about butting a track . We have over 10 racers from winchester, VA would race their .
Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MACHINARIA
That by all means is great that I am not the only one on this. I would like to contact "Chris Whitney" owner of 301 Raceway to find out more on requirements and permits needed to have a track.
I don't know what county you're planning to build it in, but whatever county you decide to go with should be able to give you all the information you need in terms of zoning, requirements and permits. Also, make sure to create the right type of business entity for the business. You definitely want to safeguard yourself just in case the business does not pan out.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Apex
I don't know what county you're planning to build it in, but whatever county you decide to go with should be able to give you all the information you need in terms of zoning, requirements and permits. Also, make sure to create the right type of business entity for the business. You definitely want to safeguard yourself just in case the business does not pan out.
Thank you very much for your input. We are currently talking to the county zoning office. And it seems it will take some extra work to get things going.