R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-17-2003, 12:30 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Mini-Z Overland questions

Hi all , Im askin these questions to see if all you can give me the final push into gettin my X5 overland Mini-z...

* by diminishing length and width of chassis...can I fit a racer body to the overland chassis?
*Ive heard that the PN SO1, SO2, SO3 motors and faster than the XSpeed..Can you fit these motors to the OVerland?
* What are Servo Savers?...FETīs?....FET Chips?
* Do all overland cars have the same chassis?...Is there a strongest car in the overlands?
*How do Mini-z Racers perform on rugs , and asphalt?....How about the Overlands?
* Are there plenty of Overland hop-ups available....Are there hop-ups available enough to not make the Overland a useless purchase?

pedrolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:17 PM   #2

You can pretty much any body onto anything if you work at it. The Overland bodies do have different clips to attach the bodies.

The PN motors are faster. But you will need to motify the board so that the stock FET do not burn up. the safer way to get speed is just put a turbo kit in it and the you can put other motors in it. The X-SPEED is fast enough.

Leave the servo alone~! The only thing you have to worry about the serco is the Pot going out. That's theonly thing you might have to change in the future. If you try to make the steering faster, you'll have to end up buying another RTR in the end.

All Overlands have the same chassis. The hop-up clear chassis(from what I heard)does not flex as much.

Mini-Z's do not perform well on rugs. Ozite, yes and outdoors, it's a bit bumpy but pretty fun. Overland is just plan fun everywhere~!

There are many hop ups for the Overland from Kyosho, GPM, Square. My Overland I only use Kyosho hop-ups. Save money and buy Kyosho hop-ups. Bearings are the first and then shocks.

I raced and played with my Mini-Z and Overland in Hong Kong many time. Really fun on the tracks with jumps and hill climbing~! Most of the guys there recomend just using only the X-SPEED and nother more(they burnt out to many boards)and using some Kyosho hop-ups.

Suradaj is offline   Reply With Quote