R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Futaba HRS + LRP ESC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/29561-futaba-hrs-lrp-esc.html)

Jasonchi 12-16-2003 07:14 PM

Futaba HRS + LRP ESC

Has anyone tried Futaba HRS Receiver with LRP Quantium Competition 2, Digital V7.1, or just LRP in general.

I'm thinking of this combination but don't want the hassle of the special setup that I have to do with 3PK.

init2win 12-16-2003 08:10 PM

I use a HRS and a brushless and no problems. The set-up was smooth.

Rob pacheco 12-16-2003 08:18 PM

HRS

I use the HRS and the LRP competion Pro with no problem

Rob

JimmyMac 12-16-2003 09:12 PM

No problem with HRS on my Comp, Sport, Keyence, or GM.

fanthom 12-16-2003 09:19 PM

No problem with my setup of KO HRS with LRP ESC but take note that 3PK HRS will not work with the LRP Phaser receiver.

Jasonchi 12-16-2003 10:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll be getting a HRS receiver soon.

For those of you used both the HRS and PCM, What would you say the major difference, good and the bad?

rtypec 12-16-2003 10:44 PM

HRS=Dialed

Once you run it, you will be hard pressed to put anything but an HRS system in your race cars hehe.

fanthom 12-17-2003 02:27 AM

HRS is a high speed response FM system while PCM is another system, with PCM, you are not having HRS, so if you get the 3PK, you'll have to get the correct receiver to have HRS, the PCM receiver does not work high speed.

Jasonchi 12-17-2003 06:30 AM

I already have the 3PK. you don't have to change any hardware on the transmittor to use either the FM, PCM,or HRS receivers. you just select the correct band on the transmitter. I'm currently using FM, and PCM receivers. want to try out the HRS to see how it is compare to FM and PCM.

Rick Vessell 12-17-2003 06:40 AM

HRS feels like you have a telepathic link with your car. Some guys actually don't like it because it's too fast!!!

dtm 12-17-2003 07:18 AM

Originally posted by Jasonchi
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll be getting a HRS receiver soon.

For those of you used both the HRS and PCM, What would you say the major difference, good and the bad?

HRS- with a decent fast servo gives you better (read finer) response on the steering servo. I was a non-believer myself until I started using it....I have now 6 digital servo since switching to HRS.:D I wouldn't say it necessaryily made the servos faster...but the servo position does feel more in tune with the wheel position on the TX.

Manticore 12-17-2003 07:23 AM

Originally posted by dtm
HRS- with a decent fast servo gives you better (read finer) response on the steering servo. I was a non-believer myself until I started using it....I have now 6 digital servo since switching to HRS.:D I wouldn't say it necessaryily made the servos faster...but the servo position does feel more in tune with the wheel position on the TX.
I second this statement !

Jasonchi 12-25-2003 04:17 PM

I hook up the Futaba HRS and LRP QC2, I have to say I'm little disapointed. The steering glitchs like crazy, when I give gas it glitchs (BADLY) when I hit brake it glitchs a little bit. I'm doing this with tires off the ground.

I thought it might be the carbon chassie so I remove the HRS receiver and antenna from the chassie, but that didn't help a bit.

As soon I put PCM, everything is back to normal again.

I do notice the HRS is smoother.... Now only if I can get rid of the glitching.

p.s.The motor is Element 19T (cap suppose to be preinstalled). I don't have glitching this bad even with standard FM receiver.
I've check to make sure the radio 3PK and changed to HRS mode.

Any ideas?!?!

Jasonchi 12-25-2003 08:44 PM

bump :D

chambalero 12-26-2003 12:35 AM

i use an hrs and lrp quantum competition combo, i have also used an hrs and 7.1 combo. both are virtually spotless, no problems with glitching whatsoever.

however, one thing that was not mentioned here is the fact that with hrs u can only use digital servos, whereas with pcm u can use ordinary servos.

as to performance, hrs rocks, i use the hrs system in my on road car whereas the pcm is used for off-road. :nod: :nod: :nod: