R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Bulk cells on ebay from sandhill. Any good??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/29383-bulk-cells-ebay-sandhill-any-good.html)

JusBox 12-14-2003 08:46 AM

Bulk cells on ebay from sandhill. Any good???

I need to increase my packs for next season and thought this might be a good deal. 24 cells for 100 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=34063

dimples 12-14-2003 09:30 AM

When buying cells like this you are buying at your own risk. If it were me I would go to Fukuyama's site and get their bulk pack. At least this way you are buying from a reputable source and you know what you're getting. They have good cells and are guaranteeing descent voltage and not having bad cells. You decide whether a cell matcher really is putting new cells on ebay for sell that have NOT been tested to see if they may be high voltage cells. Buying on ebay is a risk, is it worth your money to find out if it's a good deal?
just my .02

JusBox 12-14-2003 09:34 AM

Originally posted by dimples
When buying cells like this you are buying at your own risk. If it were me I would go to Fukuyama's site and get their bulk pack. At least this way you are buying from a reputable source and you know what you're getting. They have good cells and are guaranteeing descent voltage and not having bad cells. You decide whether a cell matcher really is putting new cells on ebay for sell that have NOT been tested to see if they may be high voltage cells. Buying on ebay is a risk, is it worth your money to find out if it's a good deal?
just my .02

Well the cells are labeled and i know sandhill is pretty reputable. I do have a couple packs from fuk but i'm looking for some club level packs and i'm trying to save a few bucks in the process. But yah, i'm looking at the bulk cells from fuk too, just wanted some opinions on the sandhill cells.

RCGaryK 12-14-2003 09:56 AM

You can get 18 matched and zapped cells from Hurricane Motorsports (THe Sachel of Cells) for around $90. I don't know of many others selling the bulk cells that are matching them. Voltages between 1.15-1.16

dimples 12-14-2003 09:56 AM

My bad, I didn't see that they were already matched. I thought they were uncycled and blank cells. I've seen Sandhills on Ebay but I haven't bought any and don't know anyone who has. It may be a good deal then but that is up to you.

Smalls 12-14-2003 10:00 AM

I use SandHills, and like them alot. No problems with the numbers falling off.

Now I only have low 1.17's from them with real good run time. I have never dumped if that helps.

The guy over here is really cool also. I bought a bunch from him, but the last time I purchased 2 6 cell packs, and told him I was going to break them up and use them for 4 cell packs. He actually sent me 3 -4 cell matched packs. Great service, great guy.

jeepnyy 12-14-2003 12:43 PM

I have made several purchases from Sandhills and they are very good. Same numbers I get on my CE T30. Fast delivery, easy to deal with. Will highly recommend to anyone.

sjslhill 12-14-2003 05:00 PM

We have

We have sets of 1.17's for $8.85 ....when the $10 1.17's are all gone out there, give us a call

www.battlepack.com

thanks
Steve

Randy Caster 12-14-2003 05:09 PM

If I were you, I'd buy the power cube from Fukuyama, with thousands of replies in their thread in only a couple months, they have built an awesome reputation, I havent heard of one racer that has been unhappy with them.

I just took the TQ today at the Toys for Tots race in expert stock with my fukuyama powered ride...

JusBox 12-14-2003 05:09 PM

Re: We have

Originally posted by sjslhill
We have sets of 1.17's for $8.85 a set....when the $10 1.17's are all gone out there, give us a call

www.battlepack.com

thanks
Steve

Are those prices per battery?

sjslhill 12-14-2003 05:13 PM

correct.....

$8.85 per cell for 1.17's, we have some and by the looks of it, these may be the last ones for a while.

The short cells are not producing 1.17's so far here.

thanks
Steve

JusBox 12-14-2003 05:14 PM

Originally posted by Randman
If I were you, I'd buy the power cube from Fukuyama, with thousands of replies in their thread in only a couple months, they have built an awesome reputation, I havent heard of one racer that has been unhappy with them.

I just took the TQ today at the Toys for Tots race in expert stock with my fukuyama powered ride...

Oh I have a few fukuyamam packs, i'm just looking for some practice/club racing packs for next season.

Randy Caster 12-14-2003 05:16 PM

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Oh I have a few fukuyamam packs, i'm just looking for some practice/club racing packs for next season.
That's why you should check out the power cube. Cheap way to get fast batteries, capable of racing, but great for practice.

JimmyMac 12-14-2003 08:53 PM

I like Fukuyama too. But for what you are asking.. go with Sandhills. Those Oval guys know what they are doin. Plus the racers there have many Oval titles under their belt. ;)

DaveW 12-15-2003 11:57 AM

I would have to agree with KilRuf. I used to manage a carpet oval/TC track/hobbyshop in eastern VA, Tidewater R/C. Every guy that has ever had any dealings with them boys out at Sandhills has gotten excellent cells. If there was something bad said, i would have heard about it! They are top notch guys, and run a tight ship there. I just recently spoke with the VA ARCOR director via e-mail, someone i have known for MANY years, said the boys at Sandhills were getting 1.17's with the shorty cells... just nowhere near as many as the older cell. This is a situation with the cell and in no way reflects on ANY company that matches the cells. Most matching companies i have spoken too are having the same issue. Buy the cells with confidence that you are getting a quality product, but know that one cell type cannot compare to another, its apples and oranges. If you are only buying the bulk pack for practice purposes, then you should have NO issues in dealing with Sandhills R/C. Good luck to ya!

Hey Jimmy... you goin to the Birds again this year? What classes are you signin up for? Melvin and I are signed up and got rooms... hope to see you there! :sneaky:
- Dave