Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radio Information and FAQ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Radio Information and FAQ?

I just purchased a Multiplex Profi Car 403 - aside from the fact that it looks like something out of Star Trek II, it has a ton of features.

I race Touring Car, and the main reasons I wanted a radio with multiple features was because of the intricate control I can gain over my throttle/braking and steering "twitchieness."

Does anyone know of any web sites that contains good information for dummies like me to get an idea of what all these features mean, and what they can do for me?

I looked for "Advanced Radio Controller Features and What They Can do for You for dummies" at my local Borders, but they were out.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The features should be explained in the manual... it seems like all radios use a different term to describe the same feature. If it doesn't explain, hopefully somebody with the same radio will come on, and be able to help.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:14 PM
RCTech Member #2

Yeah, i looked for it too.. I think the name of the book is "Advanced RC Radio usage and Features for Dummies"

They didnt have it...

You basicly have to learn off your Transmitter's userguide, and go from there. Most of it is change & drive.. Change & drive untill you get it comfortable settings.

Then when you think it is good, someone will come along and tell you to change something... then your rythm gets messed up.. lol
Old 08-29-2001, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Another thing, when you're learning what a feature does, get drastic with the changes! Crank the Exponentials way up and down, just so you can really "feel" what's happening. Do stuff like that, it'll probably help you understand what everything is better.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, guys! Again, I've moved from the prehistoric period with my Futaba to modern day, and I've some catching up to do.

I'll bust out a few practice packs (once I get the right RF-Module for my radio - it came from Europe and they sent me an illegal 40Mhz module) and check out the settings.

Good thing is, I live right next to a huge parking lot, so I'll have little chance of hitting something while I screw around.

Old 08-29-2001, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Wink

Just make sure nobody's flying a plane or chopper near you.