R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Thinking of another EP Touring Car... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/29296-thinking-another-ep-touring-car.html)

Gped0124 12-12-2003 04:16 PM

Thinking of another EP Touring Car...

I am thinking of another touring car to get. It will be used in both stock and mod classes on a tight high bite carpet track for winter, then moved onto the Asphalt for summer. It might also make a showing on a large asphalt track. Anyone have any ideas? Quantum 2, XXtra, and most likely a d5 will be used...

Brian McGreevy 12-12-2003 04:19 PM

Warpspeed Demon :)

mike fleming 12-12-2003 04:43 PM

WHy would you get anything but a TC3?

True R/C Racing 12-12-2003 05:13 PM

??

I suggest Either, X-ray, Or xxx-s, Or might just wait until Results for Mi2 Looks like a neat car. The tc3 is good but it has torque steering....

JusBox 12-12-2003 05:47 PM

Originally posted by mike fleming
WHy would you get anything but a TC3?
I'd rock a cuda or pro 4 before a tc3... i just don't like associated.

True R/C Racing 12-12-2003 06:01 PM

Yep

Try Waiting for PRo4 seems really really Nice On the cude i dont kno Much about the Car heh..

Raul Garcia 12-12-2003 08:10 PM

unanimous

Should you ask, when that little voice in your head says

MISSION 2,MISSION 2,MISSION 2,MISSION 2,MISSION 2,do it,do it,
do it,do it,MISSION 2,MISSION 2,
,:MISSION 2,:nod:

rc-zombies 12-12-2003 08:26 PM

'Cuda or Pro4 :D

big_bg 12-12-2003 09:04 PM

x-ray

x-ray t1R or a evo 2 x-ray

wagonman72 12-12-2003 09:25 PM

Cen all the way!!

J FAST 12-12-2003 09:54 PM

which car?

seeing how you stated you will be running on both carpet and asphalt i would say the xray. its an awsome asphalt car seeing how it was designed for asphalt and it is only going to get better on carpet now josh cyrul is on board. and dont get caught up in the shaft vs belt i have run both and see no advantage of the shaft especially in mod. plus the quality of the parts on the xray are no comparison to other cars it is truely a beautiful car it makes most other cars look like toys this one looks like a race car if you get a chance to really look one over you will see what i mean hope this helps a little more than just" this car or that car"
by the way i think having the baats 3by3 and motor in the center really makes this car drive consistant and smooth and that is what wins races jesse :nod:

Hatebreed 12-13-2003 03:24 AM

STD answer: get the car that are most common at your track, and your local hobbydealer support.. all cars are good today, so it doesnt matter what car you choose to drive. I personally prefer the X Rays becasuse of the high quality and the great handling. (and they are bulletproof to:nod: )

Cole Trickle 12-13-2003 04:44 AM

everybody have their preferences, so you'll get a lot of biased opinions.... so listen to "Hatebreed". Also look for an car which is easy to work on...

lee82gx 12-13-2003 08:31 AM

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
everybody have their preferences, so you'll get a lot of biased opinions.... so listen to "Hatebreed". Also look for an car which is easy to work on...
well an unbiased opinion based on the said advice is to get the Xray.
hands down maintenance KING.diff adjustment in 2 secs,without screw removal.beat that.hardly ever bad diffs.Externally adjustable damping without shock rebuild.
i can go on....but it'll start to sound like a biased opinion now...

wheelmanST 12-13-2003 02:05 PM

Ok heres what I would go with...
Now im not going to say it but I will give you a hint....
Its based off a car that starts with 'TC' and ends with '3'
And the chassis starts with 'Warp' and ends with 'speed'...I would suggest the one that starts with 'Dem' and ends with 'on 1'

yea! warpspeed all the way!:sneaky: :D :nod: