Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-S G+ belts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default XXX-S G+ belts?

Just wondering what are all the different belts for the XXX-S? I got my XXX-S used and it looks like it's time to change the belt. The one installed in it is blue, how ever the guy I got it from sent it with two other belts a yellow one and a black one. The black one seems to be longer then the yellow. I have changed to a MM7700 with the stock 48pitch and size spur in the car. Which belt should I install in the car? Thanks.

Louis
Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

not sure on which belt to use but i was going to ask...how easy is it to find parts for that chassis? i really liked it when it was new! it has only belt going thru-out the car correct?

post a pic
Old 04-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

When I had my XXXS,which was a long time ago, we ran the black belt in ours. The yellow was the standard belt, not sure where the blue one came from.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

IIRC the black belt was standard, yellow was more flexible (for stock racing) and blue was more durable (for mod etc).

I may be wrong there my 3 XXXS are stashed in a box somewhere!

If its longer then maybe it's come from a XXX4 4wd Buggy.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LATC3,

Parts are very easy to find, Losi still makes all the parts and still makes the car. So you can either get them from your LHS, or there is plenty on ebay or various online hobby shops.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just sold mine. The yellow belt was the standard belt. There is a black belt conversion which comes with a belt and a different pulley.

The black belt conversion is still available and it's the way to go.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sunshine Monkey
I just sold mine. The yellow belt was the standard belt. There is a black belt conversion which comes with a belt and a different pulley.

The black belt conversion is still available and it's the way to go.
this is correct...

blue came in the standard plastic xxx-s
followed by the yellow upgrade.
the xxx-g+ came with yellow, the black belt was anupgrade to that, and came with the longer adjuster arm(the alum thing. the pully mounds to)

the black belt is longer than the other two thence the longer adj. arm.....
Old 04-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have just recently obtained a xxx-s G+ (second hand) and im new too this forum.
can anybody tell me which of the xxx-s belts is the strongest available, and can anyone tell me what the advantages of the long belt conversion are, Is the black belt strong?
Thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by paraletic
I have just recently obtained a xxx-s G+ (second hand) and im new too this forum.
can anybody tell me which of the xxx-s belts is the strongest available, and can anyone tell me what the advantages of the long belt conversion are, Is the black belt strong?
Thanks
black belt makes the car freer.....and is perfectly strong...

there is a huge xxxs thread on tech...get some popcorn and readup...

there is more info there than i can remember...
Old 04-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

cheers for your reply, yeah Ive been reading the other thread for about the last 5 nights (prob another month before i finish it ) my brain starting too hurt theres so much there too read an take in.
I just thought id ask the question that was relevent too me now rather than find it in a months time lol.
Im thinking of running in stock class (27 turn/17.5 brushless) its on a large open sweeping track (asphalt) i run take off 32's (cant get my hands on 27's atm) with a mazda 6 body, just wondering if anyone has any set up tips i can use for this weekend in stock class until i get a chance too read thru the whole xxx-s thread
ie: belt tensions, pulley ratios (under/overdriven) etc

thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I recently resurected my xxx-s from the boneyard(been out of tc since 02)Tried a 19t and 3300 batts-setup was short shock conv'50wt and blue springs on front stock shocks 40wt and pink springs rear.rest of car was rosetti's parking lot setup from losi site.Sorex 32's for tires(no sauce) and track temp was 75 deg asphalt.Blue belt (loose),stock pulleys,stock plastic everything. car had tons of steering and a little on the loose side considering my rustyness and the fact that I have been running 1\8 buggy and truggy for the past several years.The racers at the track were all running 13.5 and lipos in their x rays and jrxs-r's. they said the car felt quite good to them.I have been trying to get the rear a little more"planted"for me.I realize and remember that the trick to get this car fast is a flowing driving style,but until I get rid of my nitro trigger finger Iwill try to get this thing's rear in check-it's not bad but if I hammer it out of the corners it will sometimes loop.I think it will get better as the temps come up a bit-today it was only 46 air temp and 75-80 track temp.---or I will get a cyclone---Try the above setup and see-
Old 04-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the reply also i have read about people cutting every second tooth off ofthere belts do people still do this and is it worth doing in stock class
Old 04-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by paraletic
Thanks for the reply also i have read about people cutting every second tooth off ofthere belts do people still do this and is it worth doing in stock class

this was done with the yellow and blue belts....no need with the black one
Old 04-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Initiate

ya i was just about to say, the blue is what came standard on mine, and i only got about 1 hour or runtime on it before it tore to shreds
Old 04-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mine came standard with the black belt on it, and green spur gear. it is full graphite, green spring rear, orange front, with front sway bar. using a trinity p2k2 pro stock motor with a novak tc2 cyclone. seems fast for a stock, but could probally be faster with some gearing. back of mine also spins around on parking lot/driveway surface. havent messed with a rear swaybar yet, or springs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.