R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #31
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dendog220 View Post
The spool and one way is really personal preference, but spool indeed makes car understeer in slow speed condition.

Here I am running with regular VTA track day setup with F/R ball diffs and soft rubber tires... car runs wider, but on a slippery floor u can still get it to drift..

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
In this video you can hear how this guy controls the throttle to make the car drifting around nicely. I tried drifting few times, I would say drifting is about throttle and steering control rather than car setup. Of course basic setup is needed but will not be as important as running touring car. Think about when four tires are spinning (very little grip), all the setup like toe in, camber and differential function will not work normally (or lose its function), so the only way to control a drifting car is properly using the throttle because what makes a car drift is basically the inertial force. The easiest way to notice this is to see how easy you can control your drift car at very low speed, whereas at high speed you can hardly make the car change the direction. You can also compare two videos posted above, listen to how they control the throttle and how two cars drift, then I believe you can start understanding what I am talking about.
05forfun is offline   Reply With Quote