Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orion Revolution v2 motors???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

looks like stormer has the peak motors in stock.... they would finally get 8s in a couple days before I leave for Milwaukee...
Old 01-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

From Tower's website on the brushes:

"Team Orion included two extra sets of brushes with the first run of these motors, however the extra brushes are no longer included."

cheap asses, lol
Old 01-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pimpedaccord
From Tower's website on the brushes:

"Team Orion included two extra sets of brushes with the first run of these motors, however the extra brushes are no longer included."

cheap asses, lol
I think they did that becuase Brushes were going to be hard to come by when they frist released the motors. Now I think you can get the Brushes pretty easily.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mike-that makes perfect sense. I ordered a couple extra pairs of brushes with mine anyways.

My 8x1 Peak Vantage Touring V2 should be here any moment now. Will test it tonight if my cars handling well with my 19t in it.

CS at Peak told me to break it in at 2v for 6 minutes, but other than that-its ready to go from the factory.

NOw I just need to figure out the rollout. I was thnking - 0.77" (19.5mm) for a 100x 50 fast track? Any thoughts?

Ray
Old 02-03-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

what do people think of this motor performance wise, ive read the efficiency is great, but i want to know about performance. are these motors just a s competetive as the quadmagnet motors which seem to be the flavour of the month.

ive noticed looking at some time sheets at a race meeting just recently, most if not everyone were running quadmagnet motors (EPIC Binary, Reedy Kr) and the laptimes were dropping off by a second about halfway during the race, is this as much of a problem with non-quadmagnet motors?
Old 02-04-2004, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

if you have run a revolution please comment on what you think of them compaed to a quadmagnet motor
Old 02-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well I have never really thought my quad mag motor was better then any of the reg mag motors I had...I feel the Peak Vantage is a very fast Mod motor and will not be the reason someone is not fast at the track. Plus in offroad the stock Enduro brush had over 90+ runs on them and they were still fast in a highly competitve Mod buggy class at my local track. I will only buy the Peak/Orion mods from now on...they are fast and save tons of money and raceday time with the awsome maintence you get out of them!

Jeff
Old 02-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I agree. I'm running an 11X2 revolution in a XXX4 and it's awesome. One cut on it and a brush change only to see what it would do, not because it needed it. I don't like the quad mags in Mod. I'll be getting a selection of the Orion mods for on road as soon as the wallet allows.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Where to buy???

Which on-line shop has revolution or vantage motors in stock???
Old 02-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm still waiting on mine..have been for a month now.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Stormer Hobbies has the Peak version in. My local shop was able to get them in Kasnas, if we can get it anyone can...LOL

Jeff
Old 02-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi guys, got my revo a couple of weeks ago, twas a 9x2 modified (shocks got the wrong motor) i ran it in my losi xxx-s and used 90/21 gearing. it felt alrigh but lacked top speed, only to find out that the other guys i was running against were gearing it at around 7 to 8 as final drive ratio.

well overall, in 5 runs, i got good results and was very happy with the motor considering that it was undergeared.

a problem i encountered was the fact that i failed to break in the brushes and went to the track and ran it straight from the box, you think i should cut the comm and put new brushes then break in the motor?

o, another thing, a buddy of mine ran it for 25 packs in his xray before he cut the comm, the brushes still looked good, althouhg we had to skimm the comm 5 times before we got it trued. seems like a good result for me.

anyone running it in a losi xxx-s? can u please post the final drive ration u use on a large asphalt track and a small to medium asphalt track. tanx
Old 02-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

You should run the Vantage/Revolution in for about 5-6mins if you are using the Enduro compound brushes. They are quite hard and take a while to break in.

Can't help you with gearing since I'm still toying around with my 8x1 Revolution. Been using about 8.6 on a large track and it seems to be undergeared on my XXX-S. Might try 8.2 or lower.

As a side note I am impressed with the lack of wear on the comm and brush after 10+ runs. The comm looks like it has had only 1-2 runs.

Its still a good idea to take a very light skim after 5-6 runs just so you reduce the amount you have to skim off later.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Just make sure after that light skim, you break in the brushes again. Even if they're still in great shape, you've changed the shape of the comm and they will need to be broke in again. Maybe not as long though.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Oh and as far as the top end, check your timing. The little bit I've tested in off road, they like to be timed a little higher. I'd say 20-24*. Somewhere in there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.