Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Old 07-01-2010, 01:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
I know!
I only have Tamiya cars, and two have been problem-less out of the box: the F103R and the old Grop "C" chassis/C11 (the older of the lot and the most easy, fast and stable). This sedan (my first) and another direct drive kit the F103RM needed at least 50% extra investment on top of the kits purchase price just to get them running correctly

I gess this RC thing causes addiction
Cheers!
Marcos
You hit the nail on the head when you said RC causes addiction!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more with that post.

Normally my only real problem with Tamiya overall is on some things they are very expensive when compared to others and then on the other hand sometimes they have some surprisingly low prices.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Is that for the standard version or will it fit the IFS V2?
Look at the motor mount, it is a version 2.

Plus go to the Exotek website and you will see it is for version 2 and works with the IFS setup.

I really want to try this chassis out!! Looks pretty hawt!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:43 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by HarryN
Look at the motor mount, it is a version 2.

Plus go to the Exotek website and you will see it is for version 2 and works with the IFS setup.

I really want to try this chassis out!! Looks pretty hawt!
I'm new to the 05 V2 so don't know all the things about it yet. Damn so much for my reasonably cheap 05 v2. Looks like in the near future a new Exotek will be in my future.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

New IFS v2 showed up today. It was the one with the Tamiya upgrade package. I will start building this weekend and hope to have it ready enough to mess with next Saturday for some practice. Looks like a great car and will be nice to back to having Tamiya shocks again. THe hard black coated shock bodies with the Tamiya blue caps and threaded spring tensioners just look great.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
looks like v2. motormount and pulleyt in the pic
Originally Posted by wyd
Is that for the standard version or will it fit the IFS V2?
Correct- this is for the V2 only Could possibly work with the standard ta05 if you also install the V2 motor mount and V2 front bulkhead cross brace and your choice of IFS or regular front suspension.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Correct- this is for the V2 only Could possibly work with the standard ta05 if you also install the V2 motor mount and V2 front bulkhead cross brace and your choice of IFS or regular front suspension.
so, the upper deck doesn't bolt directly to the front bulkhead?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by over gear
so, the upper deck doesn't bolt directly to the front bulkhead?
Not currently, not with the IFS shocks/suspension sitting there in the current V2 design. The top plate bolts to the front cross brace via new design steering posts included with our conversion. Down the road, depending on the success on the v2 design I may explore a full length top deck but you would have to not run the IFS suspension. Looking up and down the pits though it seems most prefer the IFS set up even though I myself prefer the old standard front suspension.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Not currently, not with the IFS shocks/suspension sitting there in the current V2 design. The top plate bolts to the front cross brace via new design steering posts included with our conversion. Down the road, depending on the success on the v2 design I may explore a full length top deck but you would have to not run the IFS suspension. Looking up and down the pits though it seems most prefer the IFS set up even though I myself prefer the old standard front suspension.
were you looking down the tamiya pits? i guess most use the IFS setup so they can use the IFS body for TCS. I also prefer the standard front suspension... less parts, less things to be screwed up...
Old 07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
New IFS v2 showed up today. It was the one with the Tamiya upgrade package. I will start building this weekend and hope to have it ready enough to mess with next Saturday for some practice. Looks like a great car and will be nice to back to having Tamiya shocks again. THe hard black coated shock bodies with the Tamiya blue caps and threaded spring tensioners just look great.
I have one big tip for you: replace the kit's front steering knuckle and rear upright hub with the 416x hubs and knuckles. I was having huge issues with the screws popping out of the front knuckles.

Also, get the swing shafts for the front, at least. The dog bones create a lot of chatter and sometimes pop out if the turn is hard enough or you are coming in fast enough and make a sudden turn.

Sway bars will also come in very handy, same with the aluminum front and rear suspension mounts. The spacers will help a lot too with fine tuning the squat and roll center of the car.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by over gear
were you looking down the tamiya pits? i guess most use the IFS setup so they can use the IFS body for TCS. I also prefer the standard front suspension... less parts, less things to be screwed up...
Lol, I don't get to go to the Tamiya races much these days The rule sets there do not mesh well for my business obviously
Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

what do the 1mm shims under the suspension blocks do to the roll center?
I have 1mm all the way around the car. Should I take them off? what kind of difference can I expect? does it add or take away traction? what about the 0.5mm shims? thanks.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Lol, I don't get to go to the Tamiya races much these days The rule sets there do not mesh well for my business obviously
whats the best way ( i.e. how much MORE do i pay ) to cut in line for the V2 conversion kit?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hebiki
whats the best way ( i.e. how much MORE do i pay ) to cut in line for the V2 conversion kit?
Hi Chris!

Just click the 'notify me' link and I'll shoot you an email the moment they are in stock;

http://www41.instantestore.net/merch...po-chassis.cfm

Thanks- M
Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Hi Chris!

Just click the 'notify me' link and I'll shoot you an email the moment they are in stock;

Thanks- M
any pre-order special?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hi Chris!

Thanks- M
Mike...

might be a dumb question.. but how come the V2 conversion doesn't come with the weighted battery holders and slots for tape?

- C

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.