Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Old 12-07-2016, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheMadHatta
Hey guys ive really been interested in upgrading the chassis im using that came with my ta05 v2r kit. I was noticing there really arent any options online anymore, the 3racing stuff is pretty much all out of stock and the only usable one i found was like $100 and i believe id have to convert my setup to a mostly vdf based design to even use that kit.

Ive been interested in cutting out my own chassis for a custom build setup and it seems relatively easy to pull off. Since i dont see anyone selling or remaking the exotek ex05 for my kit i was thinking i could instead cut a plate of carbon fiber to match that if anyone had a way for me to get a hold of a print out to use for reference points in cutting the CF. I was originally gonna use my stock chassis but id be in heaven if i could setup something more like the ex05.

Does anyone know of a way i could get a hold of something to use as the exotek ex05 reference for me to use to cut out of carbon fiber?
I'll be re-doing the chassis on my Exotek Ta05 soon, so perhaps if successful you should be able to buy it from Raceberry.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anyone looking for a gold version2 with alot of goodies including double cardin joints
car has 8 runs on it
Old 12-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If anyone is interested, I have a brand new (assembled) TA05 R Version 2 with every single hop up, spares, and new DJ pro module rear suspension. Just let me know.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by vlad_sa
I'll be re-doing the chassis on my Exotek Ta05 soon, so perhaps if successful you should be able to buy it from Raceberry.
From raceberry? Is that a place where ppl list rc cars, or is that someone with one theyre looking to cell? Im very interested but as ive found it to be so hard to find a chassis i can use with the v2 r thats a good conversion or upgrade ive kinda started moving forward with what i have and what i can do with it so i may not have enough if i make my current purchases i was about to get on amazon moments ago.

Originally Posted by cpal
anyone looking for a gold version2 with alot of goodies including double cardin joints
car has 8 runs on it
How do you like those double carden joints, did u feel they were worth the price tag? To me it sounded unreasonable to spend so much for a hardly better sounding drive shaft setup.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheMadHatta
From raceberry? Is that a place where ppl list rc cars, or is that someone with one theyre looking to cell? Im very interested but as ive found it to be so hard to find a chassis i can use with the v2 r thats a good conversion or upgrade ive kinda started moving forward with what i have and what i can do with it so i may not have enough if i make my current purchases i was about to get on amazon moments ago.

How do you like those double carden joints, did u feel they were worth the price tag? To me it sounded unreasonable to spend so much for a hardly better sounding drive shaft setup.
I can answer about the DCJ's(been using them in my TRF417 all this year), it depends a bit on how your car is set up & your track's laid out. The purpose of them is to reduce/eliminate the chatter of regular universals in the front end when using a spool there, when turning with a spool, there's a tendency for the joints to chatter at full steering lock, which makes the car push more in those corners(mainly high speed turns, but you can feel it elsewhere as well), & DCJ's all but eliminate that, which allows the steering to do its job better, & you can carry more corner speed easier. They may not be to everyone's liking, but I for one LOVE them, now that I've gotten used to using them. Before, I'd have to fight the car a bit to force it to turn in high speed corners(& it would scrub some corner speed), but after adding the DCJ's & getting used to driving it with them, it's MUCH easier now to carry speed & keep all the steering I want. I just have to pick the right driving line & be precise in my steering input through the corner, & the car does the rest of the work(it's a wee bit like driving a 1/12 scale pan car now, you have all the steering you need, so you can use finesse in cornering, not have to force it to turn). So if your car has issues with high-speed understeer, then I'd say the DCJ's might be worth it(I DEFINITELY feel it was worth the price for my car)....
Old 12-13-2016, 12:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb

Hey fellas, i found this amazing looking steering linkage or saver not sure what theyre called exactly or what differentiates a saver from a linkage as one of my aluminum hop ups from tamiya says nothing of what its called and the the 3racing hop up i have calls it a steering saver not to be confused obv with a servo saver.
http://rc-art.net/product_eng/4562363182022

Anyways im wondering if the site looks legit at all, it seems theyre out of stock but i cant find this product anywhere else online and atm while im content with mods to get more angle and less ackerman im not happy enough with it....

The exact same mod can easily be achieved with the stock steering arms or what have you if you drill a hold closer to the c-hub for a barb. You just need to cut off the arms or the bit on the c-hub to allow for the extra steering angle and shave an angle off the front of the steering arm deal so it doesnt hit the other side of the c-hub. And you just need at least 2 of the stock steering "savers" or what have you or 3 to setup how you see mine being the aluminum hop up and 2 of the stock ones. The last thing you might need is the extra buckles from a stabilizer hop up to get those super short turn buckles you see in the pic.
(just thought id share in case anyone stumbled across this as i couldnt find a steering mod for extra angle and reduced ackerman that i could implement)
UPDATE: Now with my stock cvds ive started getting wheel chatter or shaking when the left over ackerman from the mod pulls the inner turning wheel to its locked position. Ive heard of this happening with some stock chassis at non modded steering lock. One of my next buys is gonna be some wider angled cvds.

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
I can answer about the DCJ's(been using them in my TRF417 all this year), it depends a bit on how your car is set up & your track's laid out. The purpose of them is to reduce/eliminate the chatter of regular universals in the front end when using a spool there, when turning with a spool, there's a tendency for the joints to chatter at full steering lock, which makes the car push more in those corners(mainly high speed turns, but you can feel it elsewhere as well), & DCJ's all but eliminate that, which allows the steering to do its job better, & you can carry more corner speed easier. They may not be to everyone's liking, but I for one LOVE them, now that I've gotten used to using them. Before, I'd have to fight the car a bit to force it to turn in high speed corners(& it would scrub some corner speed), but after adding the DCJ's & getting used to driving it with them, it's MUCH easier now to carry speed & keep all the steering I want. I just have to pick the right driving line & be precise in my steering input through the corner, & the car does the rest of the work(it's a wee bit like driving a 1/12 scale pan car now, you have all the steering you need, so you can use finesse in cornering, not have to force it to turn). So if your car has issues with high-speed understeer, then I'd say the DCJ's might be worth it(I DEFINITELY feel it was worth the price for my car)....
Thanks for the informative write up and review, now i can fully understand their purpose and if they are something i might wanna consider in the future once i can afford to be a bit more liberal with my spending in the rc world.

Last edited by TheMadHatta; 12-13-2016 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

has anyone tried the "C" tires on the new CRC black carpet? if so, what kind of setup did you run? I'm going to be running GT2, 21.5, the end of the month and I'd love to get at least a baseline
Old 01-18-2017, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
has anyone tried the "C" tires on the new CRC black carpet? if so, what kind of setup did you run? I'm going to be running GT2, 21.5, the end of the month and I'd love to get at least a baseline
Thicker oil (Assoc. 35 wt. Oor thicker) and soft springs. 2mm up travel in the rear. As little rear toe in as you can manage. Yellow sway bars all around. 1* camber all around. 7000 wt. rear diff oil. Long camber links in the rear.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mooby64
Thicker oil (Assoc. 35 wt. Oor thicker) and soft springs. 2mm up travel in the rear. As little rear toe in as you can manage. Yellow sway bars all around. 1* camber all around. 7000 wt. rear diff oil. Long camber links in the rear.

Hope this helps.
thanks. that's the direction i was heading wasn't thinking about less rear toe, or the 7k in the diff (was going to 5k, since i have it)

any special 'voodoo' to the "C" tires?
Old 01-19-2017, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

thanks. that's the direction i was heading wasn't thinking about less rear toe, or the 7k in the diff (was going to 5k, since i have it)

any special 'voodoo' to the "C" tires?
I would sauce full rear, inside half fronts and adjust as needed.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

i'm sure this probably has been covered already, but i'll be damned and can't find it..

how can i get my gear diffs from leaking? does tamiya make an updated o-ring for the diff that'll help with the leaking? I'm already using green slime and it seems to work, but i noticed a bunch leaked out this weekend when i was racing

thanks!
Old 02-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

i'm sure this probably has been covered already, but i'll be damned and can't find it..

how can i get my gear diffs from leaking? does tamiya make an updated o-ring for the diff that'll help with the leaking? I'm already using green slime and it seems to work, but i noticed a bunch leaked out this weekend when i was racing

thanks!
Xray had large o-rings that work.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mooby64
Xray had large o-rings that work.
thanks.. any ideas on a part number? or for which of their chassis the o-ring came with?
Old 02-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks.. any ideas on a part number? or for which of their chassis the o-ring came with?
You can also use these O-Rings: https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...oduct-id=42259 , they do help reduce/eliminate the leakage....
Old 02-02-2017, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Some good info here: http://www.thercracer.com/2015/01/51...d-and.html?m=0

You need XR972050 X-Ray 5x2mm Clear O-Rings

I've used the orange 42259 TRF O-rings in Grizzbob's post above and they have worked well for me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.