R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #91
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
Is that what the extra holes by the suspension mounts are for?
Yeah.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Yokomo YZ-2 DT/CA
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #92
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4 View Post
Thks Bro! Can this be use for ver.2 53871 48mm lightweight rear swing shafts(blue)?
I think the 48mm drive shafts might be too long because the Ver.II comes with the short arms, so it would be better to go for the 46mm drive shafts.

51092 - 46mm Swing Shaft (front)
53742 - 46mm Swing Shaft - Lightweight (rear)
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #93
Super Moderator
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 3,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
I think the 48mm drive shafts might be too long because the Ver.II comes with the short arms, so it would be better to go for the 46mm drive shafts.

51092 - 46mm Swing Shaft (front)
53742 - 46mm Swing Shaft - Lightweight (rear)
Agreed, the v.2 manual specifies the 46mm dogbones(which I've already installed on mine), & they look like that's about as long as will fit in there right now. As for the car itself, I'm back from my first day testing it, & I have to say, I'm VERY pleased. There are a few things I'll want to add still, but considering I ran it today with the plastic diffs all around & no sway bars(I have some, but they're on another car which I forgot to bring), I was quite impressed with how it handled. Here's a few pics of it, including one I took to show how tight the space for the ESC is. Next thing I'll want to do is add a front one-way, the sway bars & some aluminum diff halves for the rear.....
Attached Thumbnails
TA-05 ver.2-ta05v.2_gtr.jpg.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-ta05v.2chassis1.jpg.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-ta05v.2esc.jpg.jpg  
__________________
Bob Seay
Tamiya TRF417, TA05v.2, TRF211XM, M-05ver.2R, XRAY X12, Associated B5m Factory Lite

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #94
bl4
Tech Regular
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
Agreed, the v.2 manual specifies the 46mm dogbones(which I've already installed on mine), & they look like that's about as long as will fit in there right now. As for the car itself, I'm back from my first day testing it, & I have to say, I'm VERY pleased. There are a few things I'll want to add still, but considering I ran it today with the plastic diffs all around & no sway bars(I have some, but they're on another car which I forgot to bring), I was quite impressed with how it handled. Here's a few pics of it, including one I took to show how tight the space for the ESC is. Next thing I'll want to do is add a front one-way, the sway bars & some aluminum diff halves for the rear.....
Can we use 53724 for front & rear?
bl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:26 AM   #95
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
Agreed, the v.2 manual specifies the 46mm dogbones(which I've already installed on mine), & they look like that's about as long as will fit in there right now. As for the car itself, I'm back from my first day testing it, & I have to say, I'm VERY pleased. There are a few things I'll want to add still, but considering I ran it today with the plastic diffs all around & no sway bars(I have some, but they're on another car which I forgot to bring), I was quite impressed with how it handled. Here's a few pics of it, including one I took to show how tight the space for the ESC is. Next thing I'll want to do is add a front one-way, the sway bars & some aluminum diff halves for the rear.....
Very nice it really looks good just a question on the ESC space, is the space smaller ? I thought it may have slightly more space because the new chassis doesn't have that strange cut in at the bottom right hand corner like the original chassis had.
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:28 AM   #96
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4 View Post
Can we use 53724 for front & rear?
You can use them at the front but they are likely to bend in a crash.
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 AM   #97
bl4
Tech Regular
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
You can use them at the front but they are likely to bend in a crash.
OIC thks for all the info!
bl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #98
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Nice job ob the body too. I like the paint scheme.
rabosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #99
Super Moderator
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 3,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
Very nice it really looks good just a question on the ESC space, is the space smaller ? I thought it may have slightly more space because the new chassis doesn't have that strange cut in at the bottom right hand corner like the original chassis had.
Yes, the space IS tighter, I couldn't quite get the GTB to sit totally flush, though I think it's low enough & secure enough to be ok, but I can't see anything bigger fitting at all...
__________________
Bob Seay
Tamiya TRF417, TA05v.2, TRF211XM, M-05ver.2R, XRAY X12, Associated B5m Factory Lite

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #100
Super Moderator
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 3,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
You can use them at the front but they are likely to bend in a crash.
I agree, they should work, but if you use a spool or one-way up front then I'd expect them to bend or break pretty easily...
__________________
Bob Seay
Tamiya TRF417, TA05v.2, TRF211XM, M-05ver.2R, XRAY X12, Associated B5m Factory Lite

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #101
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
Yes, the space IS tighter, I couldn't quite get the GTB to sit totally flush, though I think it's low enough & secure enough to be ok, but I can't see anything bigger fitting at all...
Please can I ask you to measure the length and width of the ESC area in the chassis?
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #102
Super Moderator
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 3,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
Please can I ask you to measure the length and width of the ESC area in the chassis?
Well, it's not so easy to do with the ESC Shoe-Goo'ed down, but I gave it a try & it looks to be about 37mm by 47mm(but I'm not sure if that includes a ridge that's in there that separates the ESC area from the motor's area)...
__________________
Bob Seay
Tamiya TRF417, TA05v.2, TRF211XM, M-05ver.2R, XRAY X12, Associated B5m Factory Lite

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #103
Tech Master
 
kdeselms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,019
Default

I just finished building my chassis (short of electronics, that has to wait till the first of the month)...photoblogged it on my site (see signature), if you're curious. My first time building an on-road kit. Tamiya does a great job, just wish they'd be as helpful as other manufacturers in bagging steps together, etc...

So Grizzbob, what pinion are you running with a 17.5 motor, on this? I'm new to both belt drive train and 4wd!
__________________
Kevin Deselms
Associated Factory Team SC10
Webmaster, www.hotrodhobbies.com

Last edited by kdeselms; 07-27-2009 at 02:52 AM.
kdeselms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:10 AM   #104
bl4
Tech Regular
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

The stock pinion 20T gear is for acceleration or isit better for high end? Pls adverise thks!
bl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:51 AM   #105
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

The Tamiya pinions come in sizes from 16 to 25 teeth, so the 20 tooth pinion in the kit should give you a good balance of acceleration and top speed depending on the motor you're going to use.
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32167 05-02-2017 10:20 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net