R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #1021
Tech Fanatic
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

will the alum diff housings for the ta05 fit the v2? are the alum diff parts the same as well? other than chassis, motor mt, what else is specific to this chassis. I do not want to order the wrong hopups.thanks.
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #1022
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat500 View Post
will the alum diff housings for the ta05 fit the v2? are the alum diff parts the same as well? other than chassis, motor mt, what else is specific to this chassis. I do not want to order the wrong hopups.thanks.
I really don't know what else is different visually between the v1 and v2.
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #1023
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat500 View Post
will the alum diff housings for the ta05 fit the v2? are the alum diff parts the same as well? other than chassis, motor mt, what else is specific to this chassis. I do not want to order the wrong hopups.thanks.
The V2 uses the same aluminum diff outdrives as all other TA-05 versions, the aluminum bulkheads are also the same if that is what you are reffering to as the diff housing.

Other differences are TB-03 steering arms, 2 piece suspension blocks for the Front Rear and Rear Front blocks, TB Evo IV B parts(Bumper)
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #1024
Tech Fanatic
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Thanks one more... will the 49440 aluminum center plate work? does it replace the plastic spur gear covers? Thanks
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #1025
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

No that won't work on the V2
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:35 AM   #1026
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
The V2 uses the same aluminum diff outdrives as all other TA-05 versions, the aluminum bulkheads are also the same if that is what you are reffering to as the diff housing.

Other differences are TB-03 steering arms, 2 piece suspension blocks for the Front Rear and Rear Front blocks, TB Evo IV B parts(Bumper)
My friend's car also uses separate mounts on the front and rear front blocks and the TB-03 steering arms. Unless he started using these parts recently.
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #1027
Super Moderator
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
My friend's car also uses separate mounts on the front and rear front blocks and the TB-03 steering arms. Unless he started using these parts recently.
Yes, the ver.2 uses the new separated suspension mounts(the inner ones where the belts would pass under with the old mounts, the outer mounts are the standard ones), not really any performance advantage, but they are pretty cool & are easier to change out than the old ones. Plus, I don't know if anyone's said it yet, but the ver.2 also uses the same shortened suspension arms that the TB03 & the 416WE & 416X uses(though the ones one the ver.2 & TB03 are made of the more flexible plastic, but are otherwise identical, & btw, they seem to hold up VERY well, too, quite durable)....
__________________
Bob Seay
Tamiya TRF417, TA05v.2, TRF211XM, M-05ver.2R, XRAY X12, Associated B5m Factory Lite

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:31 AM   #1028
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,122
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

For you guys running front spools in your IFS V2 are you running the Tamiya version or is another brand any better or longer lasting? I saw a pick of the Tamiya one but not a clean enough one to see if it uses plastic blades or not so it don't damage the alum. outdrive? I know with other cars straight drive pins gouge out the aluminum if you not using some sort of plastic blade.

Been running touring cars for years and wonder just how competitive this car can be against the high end so called luxury touring cars? I need to have the fastest car but at this time looking for a car that is a little smoother to drive overall than some of the other cars I have ran in the past. I did watch one last week at a bigger race against all the high end cars and it was easily holding its own and looked very smooth to drive overall.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #1029
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
For you guys running front spools in your IFS V2 are you running the Tamiya version or is another brand any better or longer lasting? I saw a pick of the Tamiya one but not a clean enough one to see if it uses plastic blades or not so it don't damage the alum. outdrive? I know with other cars straight drive pins gouge out the aluminum if you not using some sort of plastic blade.

Been running touring cars for years and wonder just how competitive this car can be against the high end so called luxury touring cars? I need to have the fastest car but at this time looking for a car that is a little smoother to drive overall than some of the other cars I have ran in the past. I did watch one last week at a bigger race against all the high end cars and it was easily holding its own and looked very smooth to drive overall.
Hey WYD, my TA-05 V2 spool doesn't need any blades. The CVD end fits in nice and snug. I put some Tamiya AW grease on it just in case. So far it is hold up very well.

As far as being competitive, I would say it has a HUGE potential. But you will have to upgrade a few things first. I know my car is showing tons of potential. As bad a driver as I am, I find the car extremely responsive and easy to control versus the T3 I had. It also has a very huge sweet spot, so setting the car up is almost a no brainer.
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #1030
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,122
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
Hey WYD, my TA-05 V2 spool doesn't need any blades. The CVD end fits in nice and snug. I put some Tamiya AW grease on it just in case. So far it is hold up very well.

As far as being competitive, I would say it has a HUGE potential. But you will have to upgrade a few things first. I know my car is showing tons of potential. As bad a driver as I am, I find the car extremely responsive and easy to control versus the T3 I had. It also has a very huge sweet spot, so setting the car up is almost a no brainer.
Cool. Thanks for the info. For me I just don't get to race enough anymore and just want something a little more forgiving overall that is closer to working at more tracks. I don't need to have the fastest but just a car that is overall easier to drive that I can buy parts for fairly easy.

If your getting it to work at Mimis and its not breaking it is a killer car. I never do well when I have been their in the past. I have not been on the asphalt yet but not much luck when I ran carpet rubber tire when I was their last.

Might be looking to get a 05 IFS v2 very soon.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #1031
Tech Fanatic
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

the outdrives on the tamiya spool are steel. no worries about wear the 3 racing spool also has steel ones.
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #1032
Tech Rookie
 
Kyuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 19
Default

__________________
Daaaaaa Bearsssss
Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #1033
Tech Fanatic
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

what are the advantages of running 1c/1c blocks in the front of the v2 as opposed to the kit setting of 1a/1a. i noticed the 416 uses 1c up front but uses the same short R suspension.
is the chassis geometry that different that tamiya would spec the v2 with the a blocks up front? the back of the manual does not even show the c blocks as an option for tuning the front of the car. Thanks.
And thanks to Core Creations for the killer deal on the V2 kit.
Full hop-ups are on the way.
I have a tb03r I have been racing in stock spec rcgt using the cirtix system and am looking for a change.
I will be building the v2 up to full R specs over the next week to match the tb03r and will post pics in addition to a comparson of the 2 chassis different driving characteristics.
I am very interested to see what chassis will be better suited to my driving style
Attached Thumbnails
TA-05 ver.2-dscn3618.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-dscn3617.jpg  
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #1034
Tech Fanatic
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

anyone everyone racing
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #1035
Tech Addict
 
sonic31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hollywood,FL.
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

the advantage is... nothing, absolutely nothing hahahahaha i still kick your ass with my 416x
__________________
Tamiya TRF418 SAMIX / KO Propo / Tekin RS Pro / Spektrum
sonic31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32167 05-02-2017 10:20 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net